Wan Issue?

MndWrp

Let me preface this by saying that i am not 100% sure this is a "server on a netgear nas" issue.

Up until recently i ran my server on a win10 machine but store my data on a Readynas 314.

Now i finally had time to try running the server on my Nas, so I intalled the server and migrated my settings and rebuilt my libraries without any major issues.

I still run the win10 server until i decide which will be best for me but... when i try to access my new server externally, i hit the win10 one.

Even in the dashborad of the nas server, when i hit or type what is in "Remote (WAN) access:" i get on the old server... ?

i tried shutting down the old server but when i do, i just get a blank page...

I'm in no way a networking expert and any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

well the wan address is going to be the same since you're on the same network, and if they're both using the same public port then it's essentially going to be unpredictable as to which one you'll hit.

So it sounds like you either want to just have one server run at a time, or give them different public ports. As far as the blank page, i would suggest checking out our connection troubleshooter:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Connectivity

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

well the wan address is going to be the same since you're on the same network, and if they're both using the same public port then it's essentially going to be unpredictable as to which one you'll hit.

So it sounds like you either want to just have one server run at a time, or give them different public ports. As far as the blank page, i would suggest checking out our connection troubleshooter:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Connectivity

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Well a combination of assigning a different port and unlocking it on my router did the trick!

Thanks for the help as always Luke!

On a side note, the server on the nas seems to run great so far but one thing i wish i didn't have to redo is extracting the chapter images. Saving those images in the media folders still seems like a good idea!

Emby is awsome anyway though [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk