Nvidia Shield issue

MSattler

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sure @@ebr will be able to work with you to get to the bottom of what's happening with the play button.

so i gave the file to my friend to have him put on his emby server (he lives in florida i live in Massachusetts) i try to type in his address to connect to his server from within the emby app doesn't work nothing happens. but i can connect to his server on my pc and phone. so basically my shield can only connect to my local server and thats it

We're delving into a completely different area here but, if you are trying to use https on the Shield, your friend would have to have a proper certificate setup (not self-signed) or the device will reject it.

Thanks for the sample.  I was really hoping somehow it would be related to the content but this item works fine for me.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what is happening here as there are no messages at all related to you hitting that button.  It is like the interface simply isn't telling us you're hitting it.

Does the system make an audible sound when you hit it?  If you use the "play" button on your remote does it work?

A click?

That is usually for simple navigation.  When pressing a button, it should be more of a "ba-dump" sound...

provokaz

yeah its s simple navigation click, i didnt even realize there were two different sounds till noow

the  sound  is more like a snap tiss

Edited by provokaz

And this is the same for all your media or just certain items?

Have you adjusted anything in the device configuration related to font sizes or anything like that?

provokaz

im not sure about the sound i can check when im home. as for the sheild i bought it on monday havent changed a thing. ill try reseting the entire thing 

provokaz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcSyqPYo28s&feature=youtu.be             that's a link to a video showing all the sounds and stuff

edit: may have to turn it up a little to hear the clickies lol
edit: so i did an entire wipe of the shield and restored it didn't touch anything just installed emby and the play button problem still exists

Edited by provokaz

Thanks very much.

The interesting thing is - the one that worked appeared to not be properly identified.

Do you have external access to your server setup and working?  If so, could you invite me as a guest and maybe I can reproduce here attached to your server?

provokaz

that's neat didn't know linking i could just forum invite you. if you need admin access let me know i'll set you up an account 

Edited by provokaz

Okay, I have this fixed for the next release.

To make it work now for you you can either:

1) Turn off the option to auto queue next episodes OR

2) Go through that series and be sure that all the episodes have the proper season and episode number. 

I think it may actually be that duplicate of episode 1 that is not properly identified that is causing the issue.  Of course, the app shouldn't just crap out and do nothing in this case and that will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks again.