Nvidia Shield issue

MSattler

MSattler

Server Version:  Version 3.2.10.0

Media Type: Latest Stable Android TV

So, for this episode and all the 480p Doctor Who episode I have I press the play button and nothing happens.  Double tap it makes an audible sound, but doesn't play.  If I just cast from my phone via the Android client, playback starts without an issue.

Other videos work just fine and the play button presents no issues.

Thanks!

VideoCodecH264
AVCYes
ProfileHigh
Level31
Resolution720x412
Aspect ratio180:103
AnamorphicNo
InterlacedNo
Framerate23.97602
Bitrate1175 kbps
Bit depth8 bit
Pixel formatyuv420p
Ref frames5
NAL4
AudioLanguageeng
CodecAAC
ProfileLC
Layoutstereo
Channels2 ch
Sample rate48000 Hz
DefaultYes
TitleEng AAC stereo Default
Containermkv
Path\\tower\TV-Series\Doctor Who (2005)\Season 2\s02e01.mkv

MSattler

Server Version:  Version 3.2.10.0

Media Type: Latest Stable Android TV

So, for this episode and all the 480p Doctor Who episode I have I press the play button and nothing happens.  Double tap it makes an audible sound, but doesn't play.  If I just cast from my phone via the Android client, playback starts without an issue.

Other videos work just fine and the play button presents no issues.

Thanks!

Video CodecH264

AVCYes

ProfileHigh

Level31

Resolution720x412

Aspect ratio180:103

AnamorphicNo

InterlacedNo

Framerate23.97602

Bitrate1175 kbps

Bit depth8 bit

Pixel formatyuv420p

Ref frames5

NAL4

Audio Languageeng

CodecAAC

ProfileLC

Layoutstereo

Channels2 ch

Sample rate48000 Hz

DefaultYes

TitleEng AAC stereo Default

Containermkv
Path\\tower\TV-Series\Doctor Who (2005)\Season 2\s02e01.mkv

@@ebr,

Just sent logs at 5:54EST, on April 10th.

Thanks!

MSattler

Android TV app.

Just tried v1.3.35g and it won't play.  If I click play 4 times rapidly I hear an audible sound, else nothing.

• 8 months later...
provokaz

so i try to play a movie by clicking the play button and literally NOTHING happens. but if i scroll down to the chapters i can start watching it from chapters lol please help :(

provokaz

if i try to chromecast that episode to the shield tv it wont work either, i can only play it via clicking on the chapter thingy, and when i go into information it says its direct playing it and i just watched the entire episode without issue but for some reason that play button/resume button is broken lol  (just trying to give more information)

Edited by provokaz

provokaz

when i go into the app on the shield tv, i open the episode i want to watch and click play nothing happens. so i decided to go to my pc and try to chromecast it to the nvidia shield and i get the same result clicking the play button here. it will "cast" other shows on the emby server just not this specific one and some others. the onlyway i can get these "unplayable" episodes to work is by scrolling to the bottom where it lists multiple chapters and i just click one. Example: playing s1e5 Coasts of blue planet i click on chapter 2 which is labeled 5 minutes in and the video plays just fine. if i exit and try to resume it does nothing at all if i click play it does nothing at all.

seems this guy is having the same issue i think

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46703-sometimes-play-button-doesnt-work/

Edited by provokaz

Hi.  There are no errors in the log and no indication that playback was attempted so I'm a bit stumped.

Is there anything special about this item?

Could you provide it to us to test with?

provokaz

nothing special that i'm aware of. i'm able to play it on the device with upnp clients. what would i use to send you the file i'm more then willing, if your cool with torrenting i could give you a link to it.

i didn't think the app would register anything because it's acting as if i'm not pressing the button at all the only way to play the specific file IN emby is by going to chapter. (i have VERY limited knowledge of programming)

i've also tried clearing app data/cache and also re-installing the app on the shield.

Edited by provokaz

when i go into the app on the shield tv, i open the episode i want to watch and click play nothing happens. so i decided to go to my pc and try to chromecast it to the nvidia shield and i get the same result clicking the play button here. it will "cast" other shows on the emby server just not this specific one and some others. the onlyway i can get these "unplayable" episodes to work is by scrolling to the bottom where it lists multiple chapters and i just click one. Example: playing s1e5 Coasts of blue planet i click on chapter 2 which is labeled 5 minutes in and the video plays just fine. if i exit and try to resume it does nothing at all if i click play it does nothing at all.

seems this guy is having the same issue i think

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46703-sometimes-play-button-doesnt-work/

If you're seeing this with Chromecast then please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

provokaz

the nvidia shield tv has a chromecast feature built into it. but the response on my computer when trying to "chromecast" to the shield is the same the button didn't work at all and nothing happen. when i plug in my ACTUAL chromecast (i literally have all the streaming devices) it streams to chromecast just fine. as far as i'm aware its strictly pointing to an android tv/emby for android tv issue. specially since i can play it from bubbleupnp on the shield using emby as the DLNA server. basically the file playing on every device but nvidia shield tv.

i don't think it's going to cough up any information in the form of a report because it literally just acts like im not pressing the button, the server doesn't see me trying to stream it or even see the request to stream it. its as if the file doesn't exist but as i've mentioned i've played it on a chromecast and a roku premier+ and a roku streaming stick. it also plays on the emby app i bought on my phone and it directplays on all these devices.

if it helps any i could record a video on my phone and upload it to youtube and give a link, or if anyone know's an easy way to transfer a 2-3gig file im more than willing, 

I understand what you are describing so no need to make a video - thanks.

What I can't see, is how that is happening.

If you can drobpox the file and PM me the link I can try and reproduce (don't do torrents, sorry).

ok i think the two issues are going to be unrelated. this log contains zero activity from chromecast. this generally means that although your casting device can connect to your chromecast, your chromecast is unable to connect to your emby server. Are you inside or outside your home network when doing this?

provokaz

both the shield chromecast and the stand alone chromecast are now playing the file just fine. no idea what fixed that probably just a pc reboot. but the play button within the emby app for shield is still not working.

i'm basically just hoping someone comes back with the miracle cure for this lol i really like how emby looks and feels and stuff using another app that's like not as "clean" as this would annoy me to death

Edited by provokaz

provokaz

so i gave the file to my friend to have him put on his emby server (he lives in florida i live in Massachusetts) i try to type in his address to connect to his server from within the emby app doesn't work nothing happens. but i can connect to his server on my pc and phone. so basically my shield can only connect to my local server and thats it