Playback issues with Firestick 3 (4k)

fire943

I'm currently in a trial version on Emby.  II'm having the same issue that Plex is having with some movie files (mkv, mp4 etc).  I've seen jumbled screen or it won't play at all.  Any thoughts?  Of course, if I can get this fixed, I will become a premier member.  These files will play if I use my computer but won't play on the firestick app. 

mastrmind11

I'm currently in a trial version on Emby.  II'm having the same issue that Plex is having with some movie files (mkv, mp4 etc).  I've seen jumbled screen or it won't play at all.  Any thoughts?  Of course, if I can get this fixed, I will become a premier member.  These files will play if I use my computer but won't play on the firestick app. 

Attach your server log and transcode from the timeframe this happens.  

Interesting,  I swear I thought I put the log on there... Ok, I've attached my log.  I am unable to get the log from the firestick app but I did send it to the the "developer"

Log

Edited by fire943

Interesting,  I swear I thought I put the log on there... Ok, I've attached my log.  I am unable to get the log from the firestick app but I did send it to the the "developer"

Hi.  Can we please get the other information requested for when you do that?  Thanks!

Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

Is my server log not showing up as attached?

I was trying to watch Dr. No and Goldfinger.

The log was at 1025am

Username is fire943

Exactly how did you send the log from the app?  Did you use the procedure outlined in How to Report a Problem?

I cannot find an app log from you.

I will say though that if you are having this problem with the other guys it points strongly to an issue with the files themselves.  Have you tried them in any stand-alone players?

I believe I have followed the directions.  In the Firestick Emby app (1.5.11a In Trial) Server version(3.2.50.0), there is a button to send logs, I click it, then a question pops up if I would like to send a report to the developer.  I have clicked yes. I'll do it again.  The time was 328pm eastern time.  Pop up message says log was sent.  My previous post has the log from my server.  Yes, I have played Dr. No and Goldfinger from stand-alone players (desktop) with no issues. I hope this clarifies my issue?  Now, if there is some other way to collect a log from the firestick app, could you please clarify?

Server version (3.2.50.0)

Firestick app version (1.5.11a) In trial

Alright.  It looks like something with the file system or network may be fairly wrong.

The app tried to play the item in two different players and neither one of them could find an audio track and neither could properly interpret the video stream as well.

That may be due to corruption in trying to deliver the stream to the player because the server is reporting that the file is disappearing underneath it:

2017-12-13 09:49:45.022 Info HttpResultFactory: Transmit file /media/jason/Seagate Expansion Drive/Movies/Plex Versions/Optimized for TV/Goldfinger (1964).mp4
2017-12-13 09:49:45.028 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.50.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 4.10.0.40
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '/media/jason/Seagate Expansion Drive/Movies/Plex Versions/Optimized for TV/Goldfinger (1964).mp4'.

File not found looks like access permissions to me, as if Emby Server does not have access to the folder containing the media.

File not found looks like access permissions to me, as if Emby Server does not have access to the folder containing the media.

But other files in the same folder are playing just fine.  Also, the file, itself can be played on stand-alone players with no issues.

But other files in the same folder are playing just fine.  Also, the file, itself can be played on stand-alone players with no issues.

Comparison to other players doesn't relate because they are not running under a system user called Emby. Try running a library scan to see if there are any directory changes that need to be picked up.

Comparison to other players doesn't relate because they are not running under a system user called Emby. Try running a library scan to see if there are any directory changes that need to be picked up.

Maybe you're misunderstanding or I'm not explaining the situation fully, but the files (Dr. No & Goldfinger) work in Emby if I use a Emby stand-alone player but doesn't work while using the Firestick 4k Emby app. 

To me, that's an app issue since Emby and those files will work while using a different platform.

Edited by fire943

but the files (Dr. No & Goldfinger) work in Emby if I use a Emby stand-alone player but doesn't work while using the Firestick 4k Emby app. 

Hi.  I don't understand that statement.  What is an "Emby stand-alone player"?

Maybe I've misused the term stand-alone... But when I use a computer browser to stream the movie from the server, the movie plays just fine.  But if I use the app on firestick it doesn't work. 

The only files (that I have noticed the issue is Dr. No and Goldfinger).  I have played other files with no problem.

If it works in the browser with the web app then I have a feeling that it is working anytime ffmpeg is involved, but not working otherwise.

would you mind providing a server log from the working browser session? thanks !

I'm not sure what else to investigate on the app end.  In the example you gave, the server clearly lost the ability to access the file so that obviously is going to cause it to stop playing in the app.

I'm also not sure how this isn't some sort of permissions issue.  For instance - ffmpeg has permission to access the file but the Emby Server does not...