CoverArt - Missing Assembly - SkiaSharp

kingy444

kingy444

I am recently having the below issue with cover art and as a result - its simply not working. Full log attached but im sure this is all you need

2017-12-13 22:32:21.564 Error ImageProcessor: Error in image enhancer: CoverArtMovieEnhancer
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.36.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application directory: C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System
	System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'SkiaSharp, Version=1.58.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
	File name: 'SkiaSharp, Version=1.58.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756'
	   at CoverArt.Skia.ImageSet..ctor(String name, Int32 rotation)
	   at CoverArt.Skia.SkiaCoverArtImageProcessor.CreateImageSet(String name, Int32 rotation)
	   at CoverArt.Entities.ProfileDefinition.CreateImageSets()
	   at CoverArt.Entities.ProfileDefinition.GetImageSet(String itemType)
	   at CoverArt.Entities.ProfileDefinition.Ignore(IHasMetadata item, String itemType)
	   at CoverArt.Enhancers.CoverArtMovieEnhancer.SupportsInternal(IHasMetadata item, ImageType imageType)
	   at CoverArt.Enhancers.CoverArtBaseEnhancer.Supports(IHasMetadata item, ImageType imageType)
	   at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.GetSupportedEnhancers(IHasMetadata item, ImageType imageType)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
	To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
	Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
	To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

System.IO.FileLoadException
	   at CoverArt.Skia.ImageSet..ctor(String name, Int32 rotation)
	   at CoverArt.Skia.SkiaCoverArtImageProcessor.CreateImageSet(String name, Int32 rotation)
	   at CoverArt.Entities.ProfileDefinition.CreateImageSets()
	   at CoverArt.Entities.ProfileDefinition.GetImageSet(String itemType)
	   at CoverArt.Entities.ProfileDefinition.Ignore(IHasMetadata item, String itemType)
	   at CoverArt.Enhancers.CoverArtMovieEnhancer.SupportsInternal(IHasMetadata item, ImageType imageType)
	   at CoverArt.Enhancers.CoverArtBaseEnhancer.Supports(IHasMetadata item, ImageType imageType)
	   at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.GetSupportedEnhancers(IHasMetadata item, ImageType imageType)

server-63648800446.txt

Edited by kingy444

Happy2Play

Well CoverArt version 4.0.59 is a old version as current versions are server version 3.2.50 and CA 4.0.66.

I believe that is the default version compatibility error.

You are still running Net Framework version instead of new Net Core server version also.  I would reinstall from download page and uninstall and reinstall CA plugin to ensure you have the proper version.

• Like 2

kingy444

well i can do that of course - but can i ask why it's required when updates have worked fine in the past ?

Also when reinstalling - do i need to uninstall the old version first or just over the top is fine?

Not sure how to detect running an old version if the update check was not returning any results.

Automatic server updates on windows are temporarily paused:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/53111-windows-server-update-announcement/

I believe the only reason you are seeing this in the first place is due to going back and forth between server versions, and when you did that you ended up with an incompatible plugin version. Anytime you try and downgrade you also need to manually downgrade plugins. The server will not do that for you.

kingy444

Automatic server updates on windows are temporarily paused:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/53111-windows-server-update-announcement/

I believe the only reason you are seeing this in the first place is due to going back and forth between server versions, and when you did that you ended up with an incompatible plugin version. Anytime you try and downgrade you also need to manually downgrade plugins. The server will not do that for you.

@@Luke I never manually downgraded ?

Also, when doing the reinstall from the website - do i just install over the top or do i need to clear anything out first?

Happy2Play

@@Luke I never manually downgraded ?

Also, when doing the reinstall from the website - do i just install over the top or do i need to clear anything out first?

You shouldn't need to clear anything, and the plugins should auto update to the new versions after reinstallation.

Ok thanks for the info. Just install over the top and you should be good to go. You may need to manually  update cover art after that. Thanks !

kingy444

thanks. reinstall over the top has done the job. I recently started using Kodi (around the time coverart broke) and it appears that the coverart image doesnt download to kodi correctly (borders cut off) is this likely an issue on my end or have others reported this problem?