Windows Server Update Announcement

Luke

If you are running Emby Server for Windows, then for now you will need to install from the website in order to get the 3.2.40 update. It is not yet available via automatic updates but will be eventually. Thanks.

PenkethBoy

i assume this applies to portable installs as well as the standard setup.exe install?

i also noticed that the netcore 3.2.40 zip on github if named ~3.2.36.40.zip - not sure if that's important or not

The only supported methods of updating are using the emby website, as well as the auto-update mechanisms. There is no need to worry about the file names that are on github. The download page of the website will give you exactly what you need. Thanks.

That's ok. The website will always give you the latest available. For Windows that's just what the latest available happens to be at the moment. The new release will be posted for Windows later tonight. Thanks.

PenkethBoy

The only supported methods of updating are using the emby website, as well as the auto-update mechanisms. There is no need to worry about the file names that are on github. The download page of the website will give you exactly what you need. Thanks.

So do i need to do a portable install or not - dont use the installer

Github was for info 

CBers

3.2.40 is up on the website and will require installation if you are on Windows. Thanks.

Downloaded and installed.

Thanks Luke.

CBers

Small issue, but I only have 1 Emby tray process running, although I have 2 Emby servers running on the same PC, 1 Stable and 1 Beta.

Whichever server starts first has the Emby tray process connected to it, but the 2nd server doesn't get a tray process.

Just thought I'd mention it, as I doubt many people have multiple Emby servers running on the same PC.

• 2 weeks later...

3.2.50 is headed up shortly along with a blog announcement. 

As with the previous release, automatic updates for some windows installations are temporarily turned off. You can simply install from the website.

Thank you for your patience.

• Like 1

CBers

3.2.50 is headed up shortly along with a blog announcement. 

As with the previous release, automatic updates for some windows installations are temporarily turned off. You can simply install from the website.

Thank you for your patience.

What do you mean by "some windows installations are temporarily turned off." ??

So we have to update manually again ??

When will automated updates be available again ??

In the future. For now we thank you for your patience in updating manually.

Sorry, I still dont get it.

So by manually you mean portable?

When i download the non-portable setup.exe, that keeps download .36 when run.

EDIT: Had to delete the setup.exe, normally i just download it and overwrite the old one.

Getting the new version now by running setup.exe

Thanks

Edited by Blob

So by manually you mean portable?

When i download the non-portable setup.exe, that keeps download .36 when run.

No, we just mean by running the setup from the website (which it appears you have done now).

Some browsers will cache that setup program overly-aggressively and you have to be sure to force the new one to download.

No just run the installer from the website. That's all you need to do. Thanks.

I have to download it first and then run it . A local internet Explorer problem.

So solution for me, delete old exe and download new - do not overwrite.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Diedrich

Does this still apply for 3.2.60.0?

Yes, I had just upgraded to 3.2.50 yesterday and I am not showing any updates on the dashboard.