Backup / restore apps tokens

nague

I've just upgraded my emby server (Ubuntu 16.04) from mono to .net core with a fresh installation.

I did a full server configuration restore with the backup plugin, but apps (Android, IOS) can't automatically re-connect the server. I have to clear apps data, and add the server again. I guess “tokens” haven't been kept because I can see this error in logs: "Access token is invalid or expired" when apps try to re-connect.

I still have access to a snapshot of my previous emby server. Is there anything that I can grab (files, keys, db, etc.) to properly clone apps / users tokens?

Note: I have already tried to restore /var/lib/emby-server/data /authentication.db* files, no effect.

dcrdev

You can't unless you actually restore your old data folder, like Luke said it's a new instance.

If you wanted to do this, it's relatively straight forward:

systemctl stop emby-server
mv /var/lib/emby /var/lib/emby.old
mv /var/lib/emby-server /var/lib/emby
chown -R emby:emby /var/lib/emby
systemctl start emby-server

Thanks @@dcrdev

In case of migration from mono to .net core, I don't think it's a good idea to keep the whole data folder, right ?

I thought tokens were store in only one file.

dcrdev

It's perfectly fine to do so - you just need to delete the plugins from the folder and then reinstall them afterwards.

@dcrdev I've successfully update Emby following your recommendations. It works, db and tokens have been kept. I have noticed that lots for images are missing everywhere. I'll open a new thread for that. Thanks for your help.

Edit: actualy, there were too many errors running emby. I did the migration a second time using to old lib path in /etc/emby-server.conf.

EMBY_DATA=/var/lib/emby-server

Looks better. I also have to clear my chrome browser pictures cache... Everything is ok regarding apps.

Edited by nague