view poster instead of thumb card on home screen.

velakan

It would be nice to have the ability to change how we view shows on the home screen, so I can see more shows. For example, let me pick Poster view instead of being stuck with Thumb view.

• Like 3

To which app are you referring?

The Web App, the IOS App. There is no setting to change the view

Under display settings maybe, just change the view to either Poster or thumb card. 

Edited by velakan

jaycedk

Under display settings maybe, just change the view to either Poster or thumb card.

Would love to see, this feature :D

Do not like thumb cards...

By default, the web app doesn't use thumb cards anywhere, except the dvr schedule. The only way you'd ever see them is if you turn them on.

arrbee99

You can change things here (click on the grid thing) -

5a29b52138384_EmbyPostersThumbs.jpg

but it doesn't seem to affect the Home screen, which would (probably) be nice, though I quite like the mixture...

jaycedk

The reguest was fore the Home screen :D

And I can't finde the option  fore the Homescreen,

Even though

By default, the web app doesn't use thumb cards anywhere, except the dvr schedule. The only way you'd ever see them is if you turn them on.

It should be turned off by default.

Guess I have miss clicked something, but where ? :D

Edited by jaycedk

arrbee99

On My Home page, in Chrome, I have -

Continue Watching - Thumb

On Now - Poster

Next Up - Thumb

Latest Movies - Poster

Latest TV - Thumb

Latest Documentaries - Thumb

...plus  a few more

Always been like that.

Saw it was for the Home screen, was just hoping if you changed the view for Movies (or whatever) it would also be reflected in the Home screen, but it isn't.

Don't think it has an option for that, just options for which items to show and their order.

Sorry, my mistake. I was thinking of something different.

So can we get options? The main reason for this is so we can see more media on the Home Screen. With thumb, you have to scroll just to see beyond 3-4 shows/movies.

• 4 months later...
Quiks

+1 for interest. 

I prefer the poster view. It's probably one of the last things i prefer aesthetically from plex.

I'd love to see this option on all the platforms, including Android TV.

I'd also like to be able to scale down the size of the posters/thumbs. They're quite big for me on my web browser. 

I see that they scale with the size of the browser window, but at full screen or maximized, it's a bit overbearing if you're not far away from the screen.

Plex's webui just increases the amount of items shown without scaling the size of anything. They do have a slider option to scale the size of the posters/thumbs.

cRkQMBV.jpg

This could be a great addition to the homescreen on the web interface.

Thanks for your continued work on this amazing project!

Edited by Quiks

Clay Grayson

Add another +1 for this option!   I would prefer to see posters rather than thumbs in the Latest TV section. Posters, being more narrow, would allow more shows to appear on that line.

• 2 years later...
adihecht

Would love to see this slider thing to increase the size of the posters on the samsung tizen app. Posters are too small for my taste.