.NET Docker crashing when looking at artwork

mgworek

mgworek

I mentioned this last week in the Testing .NET topic but didn't get any response.

It is happening more often now. Docker running on unraid.

I go into a movie, edit images. When I go to delete or add a image it crashes the server. If I start the server, I can't even edit that movies images anymore, it crashes as soon as I try.

It was happening to only a couple of movies but now its happening to more movies.

Logged attached.

Here is the error in unraid when it happens.

"Dec 7 05:47:38 Tower kernel: EmbyServer[17924]: segfault at 0 ip 000015240ad625c0 sp 000015236abde688 error 4 in libc-2.17.so[15240acf0000+1aa000]"

server-63648240440.txt

alucryd

Hmm, segfault in glibc, possibly the worst thing that could happen. Only solution I see is to switch to a more recent glibc just for docker. Please stay tuned.

I have the same issue on ubuntu 17.xx it happens when loading images for collections or anything with missing images

Edited by armsby
  • Like 1

alucryd

@@mgworek BTW, does any other version work, like the previous mono image? I haven't had any similar report yet, that could be caused by faulty RAM.

Edited by alucryd

@@mgworek BTW, does any other version work, like the previous mono image? I haven't had any similar report yet, that could be caused by faulty RAM.

@@alucryd, mono is on imagemagick still so the comparison is probably apples to oranges.

mgworek

I wasn't sure if I could go back to the stable from the .NET version. If I can, I will give it a try.

Thanks.

Edited by mgworek