Unable to reset local database, gettting Emby error

ravingzeus
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

ravingzeus

Hi

I just moved all my files on a new hard drive, during the process movies and tv shows were double in the database, I fixed that in the server by doing a complete rescan, but all my 3 raspberry pi runing OSMC(kodi) still had everything in double.  So I had to do a Local database reset on all of them to do a full resynch.

2 of them went fine, but on one of them, I'am not able to do a Local database reset, it ask me "Are you sure you want to reset your local Kodi database?" and I choose yes and 2 seconds later I get the message Emby Error. So I can't do it, even after restarting the Pi.  That's not the fist time that this happen to me, it happens maybe 3 times in the past while I was trying to do a full resynch, those last time I tried everything, trying deleting Emby but was getting error, i ended up the last 3 times to completly erase my raspberry pi and do a full format of my sd card and reinstall osmc  and i was lucky enought to have 2 other device with the same setup, so I used a backup of OSMC to reinstall everything.

But I'am tired of all that, and I would like to be able to reset the database without having to reinstall everythign again.  And to be clear, this is happening on random Pi device, not always the same and not the same SD card.

Thanks for your help

Log file attached

kodi log.txt

Edited by ravingzeus

• Solution
Angelblue05

@@ravingzeus

Desole de l'attente!

Your database file is corrupted. Easy fix: Access your Kodi userdata profile folder and delete the database files. Here: http://kodi.wiki/view/userdata

Then once you locate the appropriate folder > databases > delete MyVideosxx.db. Then start Kodi, reset local database. It should correct this. Sorry that I didn't reply sooner. Let me know if there's anything more.

• Like 1

ravingzeus

Pas grave pour le délai, rien ne t'oblige à être présent 24 sur 24! :)

I will try that this week end and will let you know

Merci encore!

Edited by ravingzeus
  • Like 1