Emby for Kodi sync doesnt work

Grom8
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Hi,

Sorry to bother but I have tried to fix Emby for Kodi for hours with no success so I would appreciate some help.

Emby for Kodi doesnt sync with the server at all even though I have a 1 movie and tv show that Im using to test with. Unlike all the guides for the addon on the internet, the addon never synced when i installed it (even with multiple reinstalls) and when I try to manual sync it syncs in 0 seconds while adding nothing to the server. What is the reason for this and how can I fix it?

Again, appreciate the help

Grom8

Angelblue05

Please do the following and provide a new log.

Launch the Emby for Kodi addon > Reset local database > Yes/Yes/No.

Once you restart Kodi, the initial sync process should kick in. Provide that log, thank you.

Angelblue05

What is your library type (server dashboard > library)?

The emby user is not returning any libraries. Does the user have access to the libraries? (server dashboard > users > Select the emby user > Access > Is the library checked?)

Edited by Angelblue05

I assumed that when I connected Kodi that all libraries were connected and setup for me as most guides are super unclear on this and skip even showing the setup. Yes I have the accounts to have user access but I don't have any libraries setup, I thought that this was used for solo use of Emby as it gives it full control and skips Kodi.

• Solution
Angelblue05

I'm guessing you are more familiar with Kodi. To put it in simpler terms. Emby is like the MySQL of Kodi when you want to set up multiple machines. Essentially Emby is your server to which you add your content as libraries. Then you can use different apps to access your content on different platforms/devices. I hope that clarifies it? 

Emby for Kodi integrates Emby libraries into Kodi.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1