FR: Server - Metadata creation changes

oldschool

oldschool

Right now, if I have a video and MB3 thinks it has found a match in one of the online searches, if it guesses wrong, I have to empty out all the fields. If you created a "clear metadata" or "reset metadata" button on the Metadata tab, it would be very helpful.

Second, you might consider adding one option to Metadata Settings > Fields. If you could tell MB3 to not fetch any External ID's from the fetchers, this would be ideal. Sometimes when MB3 gets things wrong and you clear out the External ID's and refresh, it will repopulate the field with the incorrect data, and there's no way to stop MB3 from doing that at this point.

Finally, this is the goal of the feature request. Sometimes I have movies that are not listed in online databases (for example, some of my Home Videos were identified and metadata was added from an online fetcher, and it took a long time to clear out the data). The feature I wanted most was just to create the primary image, but there's not a really good way of doing that - right now I just clear out every metadata settings > fields except for the Images and backdrops, but the metadata fetcher ID settings get in my way because it automatically downloads the images once it detects the movie.

Consider adding a button on the Images tab to simply "Create Primary Image" and "Create Backdrop(s)", and you might consider adding an input to create multiple backdrops or primary images so a user can choose which ones they want to use. A button on this tab to "Delete All Primary Images" and "Delete All Backdrops" and finally "Delete All Images" might also be helpful.

Thanks!!

You should put your home videos in a media folder that is designated as such and then we won't attempt to fetch metadata for them at all.

oldschool

I had the home videos under a mixed media folder type recently (since the initial installation of MB3), and when I transitioned to designating the folder as a Home Movies folder type, for some reason, MB3 created metadata for those videos. It took a long time to clean up the metadata.

Also, there's videos inside these folders that aren't listed inside of IMDB or other internet repositories. I have theater intros in a folder - what should I designate that folder as? It's a folder just filled with theater intros and intermission videos. None of those will be listed there in the repository, yet it isn't a Home Video per se. If it's listed inside the movies folder in a special folder or in a mixed media folder, then I'll run into this problem every time.

There's other examples I could give. If I download some Youtube videos of interest and put them into a folder, none of those are listed, yet MB3 seems to make very obscure guesses as to what the video is and will designate it as something it finds inside of these internet databases. As an example, if you create a folder and just call it "Volume 1" (for instance, it might be a youtube series folder with multiple volumes inside it named accordingly), you'll see that the fetcher will bring down something totally not related. If you try to correct this (as explained above - that's the way I handled it, but there might be a better way), it will continue to fetch the IMDB ID unless you just freeze out the metadata.

I have also had thoughts on how you could designate a parent folder that would have settings that would apply to all children, so that you could set the folder settings once and the children would default to the parent settings. That would help in this case, instead of having to go in and make changes individually. I also created a feature request to "Apply settings to children" for metadata of a folder. Some of these tools would be helpful as well.

Designate anything that won't be found on tmdb as a Home Video to avoid us trying to identify it.

it creates metadata but doesn't try to download any. the metadata configuration area gives you more fine tuning.