Trakt sync authorization error?

BEis

Read me just says:

How to test. The client id and secret need to be replaced with valid values. See TraktURIs.cs and configPage.html

I would say that if you dont understand that then don't build your own version and just wait for devs to provide updated plugins :) They have to create new app in trakt, set those value, recompile and upload to plugin repository. I think things are moving quickly, we just need to wait little

Updated readme.

I am using the dll provided in the best answer, I just replaced the dll. Where to I edit these values? I dont mind creating a trakt app.

I think the confusion came from the fact that this was presented as a new version of the "official" (unofficial) plugin that we were already using. But since it is not available in the plugin repository, maybe it's not officially finished and we should hold off. I've removed the "best answer" for now, until we figure out what the problem is.

• Like 1

I don't have the first clue about how these things work behind the scenes. But the plugin was working at first, for those of us who installed it shortly after it was posted here. Then, suddenly it stopped working. Nothing in the plugin itself changed. So the OAUTH error must have something to do with the way the plugin is communicating with the Trakt servers. So I'm guessing they have to do something on the server side of things. I'm guessing that's what the readme is about (client id and secret id).

I'm guessing once that gets sorted out, it will be updated on the repo. But again, this is all guessing on my part, because I have no idea.

What happened is whoever made that dll deleted their app from trakt, killing the client id and secret id bound into the dll. Someone has to recompile the dll with a new app.

lateparty

Luke has commented on this over at github.

“To run from source you would need to setup a trakt application. See readme here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/trakt

Our application secret will not be stored in this repository, therefore you need to set one up.”

So far Luke has committed the code change to enable/facilitate OAuth to the master version on GitHub but it would seem that whoever (“Luis”) is responsible for maintaining the trakt plugin has not compiled a dll with the new code with the official Emby keys, or they simply haven’t pushed it yet to the Emby plugin repository.

Either case, I’m sure they will get around to it soon and am pretty happy with the turnaround time for rewriting the app to facilitate a new/different authentication method.

Edited by lateparty

I am very happy that someone is working on this important plugin. I look forward to a new release that fixes the authorization problem.

Thank you all!

Hi, i did the necessary steps to make it work again.

http://www101.zippyshare.com/v/iNVFQcOY/file.html

Can you tell where do I have to put the files in a windows installation?

Thank you very much ;-)

EDIT:

ok, i think i found it:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins

is this correct?

I replaced the dll and restarted emby (the plugin version is always 3.1.1.0) and inserted username and password for Trakt.

Executed it and nothing happend. The log says that the user is not specificated. The Save button of the plugin doesn't work anymore? Maybe I have to insert the user/password elsewhere?

Edited by neodago

Clear Browser Cache...

OK, my fault: I cleared the cache, but I forgot to close/reopen the browser :-(

Now it works, but I had some errors on some movies status updates, I have to investigate more...

Thanks for helping me ;-)

Installed the new dll, cleared the cache. Now I see this screen in the Trakt settings and need to get a pin. When i click on the link get Pin I gett an error on Trakt. My guess is this is because of the user name. It;s the user name for emby and not Trakt but I can't change it to the user name that I have with Trakt. 

What now?

QCBmFKN.jpg

i18lxcK.jpg

jasonmcroy

Thanks to whoever made this work again! I use Trakt all the time and this is an important plugin to me. I wish I could code as I would be more than happy to create an app for this.

Anyway, hopefully it stays working but happy at the moment!

Our Trakt plugin has been updated to 3.1.2. Due to Trakt API changes, you will need to install the update, and then re-authenticate using the trakt plugin configuration screen.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

• Like 3

r3load3d

Our Trakt plugin has been updated to 3.1.2. Due to Trakt API changes, you will need to install the update, and then re-authenticate using the trakt plugin configuration screen.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Working great here, thanks!

Can someone explain what i do for the different emby users - I synced their stuff to the single same user at trackTV.  Do I put the same pin in for each of the drop down users ?  or request a new pin for each ?