Trakt sync authorization error?

BEis

Can someone explain what i do for the different emby users - I synced their stuff to the single same user at trackTV.  Do I put the same pin in for each of the drop down users ?  or request a new pin for each ?

Should be one track user = one PIN. So if all your emby users use same trakt account, same PIN.

The push to Trakt works for me.

The pull from Trakt doesn't work, it doesn't update the playstate.

After restarting the Emby server I get the message Unauthorized when I try to sync trakt.

Edited by valkhyr

lateparty

The push to Trakt works for me.

The pull from Trakt doesn't work, it doesn't update the playstate.

After restarting the Emby server I get the message Unauthorized when I try to sync trakt.

Push library had no effect, and now after restart I am getting 401 again, too lazy to pull logs on mobile, please excuse. Will monitor thread and add some in, if no-one else does.

Thanks for all the efforts to make this a speedy update. Looking forward to when it’s stable.

Its sort of working for me.  Too many people using server to get a clean log so i will in the morning.  I installed the plugin, restarted emby, flushed the chrome cache, restarted browser, set the settings for the plugin for the same pin for all 5 users as noted in this thread.  Clicked to start the job, ended in error - checked trackTV and the recent TV watched stuff from tonight is there - so not sure what the error was for.  Will collect more when I can restart the server and get cleaner logs tomorrow.

I thought it was working but each pin is for one time use only.

Each time the Emby server restarts the pin needs to be renewed.

Hopefully this can be set to a permanent pin?

CfWT5gd.jpg

You don't need to renew that on each server restart. Why do you feel that way?

Because it works after entering the pin and it doesn’t after a server restart. when I renew the pin it works again until the Emby server has restarted again.

What doesn't work? can you please be more specific? t hanks !

Trakt than gives an error whit "sync libary to trakt.tv" When I renew the pin there is no problem syncing.

Also when playing video I see what is playing on trakt but not after restarting Emby without renewing the pin.

Server log

It looks like they updated it again, to 3.1.3. I just updated, and tested it by restarting the Emby server. Trakt still works correctly. Thanks for the update!

hstamas

Trakt than gives an error whit "sync libary to trakt.tv" When I renew the pin there is no problem syncing.

Also when playing video I see what is playing on trakt but not after restarting Emby without renewing the pin.

Server log

FYI - Just did the update to 3.1.3 and Trakt threw the error that it needed to be authorized again. Redoing the PIN processed fixed the issue and its now surviving server restarts so it looks like all is good now. Thanks for the quick turnaround guys!

Edited by hstamas

3.1.3 works even after server restart. I've restarted my server multiple times and I'm still able to sync to Trakt.

Make sure you redo the authorization again, after installing 3.1.3. So first upgrade, then redo the pin process... make sure you save and clear your browser cache. Check to make sure it is syncing to Trakt, then restart your server.

Like I said, I've restarted my server at least 3 times for testing after installing 3.1.3, and it has worked perfectly so far. After installing 3.1.3, I only had to do the pin process one time.

Its sort of working for me.  Too many people using server to get a clean log so i will in the morning.  I installed the plugin, restarted emby, flushed the chrome cache, restarted browser, set the settings for the plugin for the same pin for all 5 users as noted in this thread.  Clicked to start the job, ended in error - checked trackTV and the recent TV watched stuff from tonight is there - so not sure what the error was for.  Will collect more when I can restart the server and get cleaner logs tomorrow.

I'm not sure how one pin would work for multiple accounts, I'd expect one pin per user (used one) as this is how OAuth2 works (you retrieve an access token using a temp token/"pin").

Edited by frankw

hstamas

3.1.3 works even after server restart. I've restarted my server multiple times and I'm still able to sync to Trakt.

Make sure you redo the authorization again, after installing 3.1.3. So first upgrade, then redo the pin process... make sure you save and clear your browser cache. Check to make sure it is syncing to Trakt, then restart your server.

Like I said, I've restarted my server at least 3 times for testing after installing 3.1.3, and it has worked perfectly so far. After installing 3.1.3, I only had to do the pin process one time.

Yep. All seems to be working now even after restarts. Ive edited my post above.

There are two conflicting comments here - which one is correct ?

One pin for all users,

or a separate pin for all users

- note that I only have one trackTV account to track all the house TV watching - not a one for one mapping.  

or is it the case that only one user can be tracked now with this new update ?

I have two Emby accounts, and two Trakt accounts. One for each Emby account. In this case, I set up a separate pin for each user and it works great.

I don’t know how it would work if you have two Emby accounts, each using the same Trakt account. Although I would guess that you would still get a separate pin for each. The reasoning being, you can have multiple devices signed in to the same Trakt account, so this would just appear as two separate “devices” as far as Trakt is concerned.

A separate pin for each emby user to the same trackTV account seems to work - at least the task is not erroring now.

Again getting  an error with syncing library to trakt. 

Also per user pin is not working. Pin field empty or is the same pin as other users after restarting emby server.

Server log 

Can confirm, still issues with sync after the latest update, even after retrieving new tokens for each user.

Edited by overdox

lateparty

It took a few days but now 3.1.3 does everything I need.

1. Scrobble when watching

2. Sync my collection to trakt [had issues here but it resolved itself]

3. Login persists (tested after restart and coincidentally, a server version upgrade)

Haven’t tried importing playstates from trakt, but I only watch on emby, so that’s not important.

HowlinPsycho

For me the 401 error persisted even after adding the pin. It finally came around when I went to "Scheduled tasks" and forced a trakt sync.

politby

I'm trying to update the plugin but when I click on 'update now" in the Dashboard nothing happens. I then uninstalled the plugin and attempted to reinstall it. Get the following message

5a29321fd32b6_Capture.png

But it's not actually installed, nothing in the plugin directory

5a2932b07d817_2.png

Log messages

2017-12-07 13:07:30.245 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.2.22. Time: 3ms. http://192.168.2.2:8096/emby/Plugins/SecurityInfo 
2017-12-07 13:07:30.278 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.2.22. Time: 43ms. http://192.168.2.2:8096/emby/Plugins 
2017-12-07 13:07:31.140 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.2.22. Time: 912ms. http://192.168.2.2:8096/emby/Packages/Trakt?AssemblyGuid=8abc6789-fde2-4705-8592-4028806fa343 
2017-12-07 13:07:35.081 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.2.2:8096/emby/Plugins. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
2017-12-07 13:07:35.083 Info InstallationManager: Opening /var/lib/emby/cache/serverpackages.json
2017-12-07 13:07:35.117 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.2.22. Time: 36ms. http://192.168.2.2:8096/emby/Plugins 
2017-12-07 13:07:38.922 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://192.168.2.2:8096/emby/Packages/Installed/Trakt?updateClass=Release&AssemblyGuid=8abc6789-fde2-4705-8592-4028806fa343&version=3.1.3. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
2017-12-07 13:07:38.925 Info InstallationManager: Opening /var/lib/emby/cache/serverpackages.json
2017-12-07 13:07:38.961 Info ServerManager: Sending web socket message PackageInstalling
2017-12-07 13:07:38.961 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 192.168.2.22. Time: 39ms. http://192.168.2.2:8096/emby/Packages/Installed/Trakt?updateClass=Release&AssemblyGuid=8abc6789-fde2-4705-8592-4028806fa343&version=3.1.3 
2017-12-07 13:07:38.961 Info HttpClient: GetTempFileResponse url: http://embydata.com/admin/service/packageFiles/Trakt.dll_3.1.3.exe
2017-12-07 13:07:38.976 Error InstallationManager: Package installation failed
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.50.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 4.9.0.3
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Forbidden
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<GetTempFileResponse>d__29.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<GetTempFile>d__28.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.<PerformPackageInstallation>d__65.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.<InstallPackageInternal>d__64.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.<InstallPackage>d__63.MoveNext()
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<GetTempFileResponse>d__29.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<GetTempFile>d__28.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.<PerformPackageInstallation>d__65.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.<InstallPackageInternal>d__64.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.<InstallPackage>d__63.MoveNext()