one or more errors occured

chef

Hi guys, Yep it's been a while :)

I was building a back-end server app using emby C# ApiClient and some other useful libraries from Git.

I had to search through emby nuget packages for some legacy versions because the other libraries I'm using are dependent on Newtonsoft version 9.0.1.*.

Also, I should mention that I haven't updated emby server for a while, so the version 3.2.33.0 is probably legacy by now as well.

After moving through a couple of nuget version for the ApiClient, and attempting an async call for ItemInfo, I continuously receive: 

"one or more errors occurred"

That error tells me nothing... and stumps me... hence why I'm here.

I should mention that the client can be authenticated, and receives an Access Token if I hard code the Server Address and Port, but still errors when requesting information.

Upon further inspection:

utilizing UDP broadcast to query the server, this error gets thrown:

"ex.Message = "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond".

I find this error weird because the Emby Server is running, and there isn't any reason why a UDP broadcast of "who is EmbyServer?" on 7359 hasn't worked in the past.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? Perhaps a hint as to why the api class libraries would be giving me issues like this?

I could show my work if it would help.

Edited by chef

baaah!

I forgot that when making a query of media items you have to use the "UserId" param because how else does the server know whpos libraray to query.

However, still the UDP broadcast of "who is EmbyServer?" is broken. 3.2.33 verison

Udp discovery has not been broken in any recent server release. As always make sure to update to the latest version. Thanks.