How to downgrade to previous release

xavier

Hi Guy's

Can anybody help revert back to the previous version of emby (prior to m3u changes in the latest ones) i'm currently on the latest beta.

my users are struggling to play anything from tv guide/channels just spins or black screen whether they use external player or not and on most devices..

i'm running linux ubuntu 16.04 and would like to revert back but i have never done this before only ever updated.

any help or guidance would be gratefully recieved

p.s my playlist is unlimited and is working fine in plex/and other apps like smart iptv app etc so i know it isnt that, seems to be this new m3u limit system that is causing me to only have 1 stream at a time unsure why as set it to 0-unlimited and even tried 500/800/ users etc still nothing?...

regards

Edited by xavier
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me out with downgrading to previous version prior to the m3u changes in the latest and beta version .40 need to go back to .36

I have never had to downgrade before so unsure how the quickest and easiest way Is? I'm running on Linux 16.04 Ubuntu server, anybody got a working script to downgrade or how to I do it manually?

Thank you for your time

Regards

SkyBehind

I went from .40 to .36 by just installing the .deb file over .40.  It downgraded it, no problem and nothing more to it.

SkyBehind

I'm running Ubuntu Server 16.04.  The .deb file is found under the download section, follow the instructions.  https://emby.media/linux-server.html

I can't remember whether I had to use "sudo" in front of the install command, just thought I'd mention it in case you run it, it doesn't work, and you don't think to use "sudo".

normally i use this from source code: sudo sh -c "echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/xUbuntu_16.04/ /' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emby-server.list"

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install emby-server    to update it

not letting me downgrade so must doing doing something wrong, never done it before so if you can show me where i'm going wrong that would be great..thanks

dcrdev

hi thanks but getting this error

That's because the link has been truncated by the forum software, as @@tdiguy hasn't put it in a code block, your not actually downloading anything.

Start again:

cd ~/Downloads
wget https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases/download/3.2.36.0/emby-server-deb_3.2.36.0_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.2.36.0_amd64.deb

Normally for me i have been able to switch versions just using dpkg, but i also have not installed using the repository on this system at all. It might be a good idea for you also, i suspect installing using the repository makes it more difficult to revert without wiping out the emby server.

It is slightly more work but you can check the site:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases

for updates

then download them on the server and install with dpkg -i

I suspect if you dont use the repo that you can probably switch versions with ease, I myself run ubuntu 16 and that is how i change versions.

Edited by tdiguy

It shouldn't wipe content - all application data is contained in /var/lib/emby; that should remain untouched.

yeah not showing any users , content , but strange thing is there is somebody streaming live tv even tho now showing any guest in list lol least i know live tv is working