XBOX one app

Lamista

Scott310

They aren't there right now because they are being reworked, but when they come back to the server make sure you check out radeon's tools.

Movie video backdrops

Tv video backdrops

And theme song backdrops.

It really separated the emby experience from the rest.

Sorry Scott, i think I missed to what you are referring to when you mentioned they aren't there right now because they are being reworked? are you referring to collections in emby?

Thanks

Scott310

Oh sorry. I was referring to a set of plugins made by @@radeon.  When you install the plugins from the plugin catalog they will automatically download video and audio backdrops for most of the movies in your collection making the presentation of the movie detail page really exiting looking. 

The plugins aren't available at the moment because they need a new update but will be back shortly and you can install them.

• 2 weeks later...
Scott310

I've been using ember since this issue started and it has been working without fail.  I just checked back today to see if the issues with Emby theater have been fixed and it looks like the problems are still there.  It froze a few minutes into the movie.  But I did notice an improvement.  Shortly after it froze it started playing again.  Also the all movies alpha picker is still only showing the first two rows of posters.

is there any timeline for a fix for this @@Luke?

Thanks!

Can you explain this a little bit more?

Also the all movies alpha picker is still only showing the first two rows of posters.

Thanks.

Scott310

Sure, when you select the all movies option from the main page and it takes you to the all movies alpha picker it will only display the first two rows of posters. All the rest are blank cards with just the title beneath them. (I am not using cover art)

• 1 month later...
mustang5o

Is Emby Theater working correctly on Xbox One (S)? 

I'm currently paying for one month to try it out and in the next couple of months I'm looking at getting a 4K blu ray player and figured the Xbox One S will be the best option for me.  This will allow me to access all of my streaming apps, play physical media and hopefully pla\record live TV from my HDHR Prime.  So far I've been able to test it working on a (version 1) FireTV.  However my Roku 3 doesn't seem to want to work with.  I'll do some more research on the Roku but having the Xbox One S work properly is a higher priority for me.  If this doesn't get worked out by the end of this month I'll probably look at using HDHomeRun DVR and Plex.

mustang5o

@@mustang5o can you please describe the problem that you're having? thanks !

The only problem I had yesterday was getting Roku3 to stream live TV from Emby.  I found that there was a Beta version of Emby for Roku so I signed up to have that loaded and it is working.

For clarification, I don't have an Xbox One S yet.  I was planning to buy one in the next couple of months but was wondering if everyone's issues they reported here have been fixed.  There were still problems reported a couple of months back and I was hoping members would report back if they were working correctly now. Thanks

StLDreiling

The only problem I had yesterday was getting Roku3 to stream live TV from Emby.  I found that there was a Beta version of Emby for Roku so I signed up to have that loaded and it is working.

For clarification, I don't have an Xbox One S yet.  I was planning to buy one in the next couple of months but was wondering if everyone's issues they reported here have been fixed.  There were still problems reported a couple of months back and I was hoping members would report back if they were working correctly now. Thanks

@@mustang5o, Emby Theater on Xbox One is the primary client app in my house. We watch movies and TV shows night and day on our first gen XB1 console. We also own several Rokus of differing generations and a Fire TV, I have an Android phone and Windows phone, my wife has an iPhone, my kids have Android tablets. Emby Theater on Xbox One is (IMO) the best client app. There have been issues in the past, but everything has been solid for a long time now, and for what its worth, the devs really attack bugs and other problems quickly when they come up.

​As far as live TV, we watch the news every morning on Emby. I don't have an HDHR, though. I have NPVR installed on another box w/ a Hauppauge WinTV quad tuner card and the NextPVR plugin installed on Emby Server. Never an issue w/ 2-3 different people streaming live TV simultaneously.

​Anyway, Emby on Xbox is an excellent way to consume your media. Highly recommended. Also, as you can see here, the level of support and direct engagement you can get from the development team far outpaces anything else I've tried over the years. Always something to consider when your choosing a somewhat specialized platform, like a home media server.

• Like 1

mustang5o

@@mustang5o, Emby Theater on Xbox One is the primary client app in my house. We watch movies and TV shows night and day on our first gen XB1 console. We also own several Rokus of differing generations and a Fire TV, I have an Android phone and Windows phone, my wife has an iPhone, my kids have Android tablets. Emby Theater on Xbox One is (IMO) the best client app. There have been issues in the past, but everything has been solid for a long time now, and for what its worth, the devs really attack bugs and other problems quickly when they come up.

​As far as live TV, we watch the news every morning on Emby. I don't have an HDHR, though. I have NPVR installed on another box w/ a Hauppauge WinTV quad tuner card and the NextPVR plugin installed on Emby Server. Never an issue w/ 2-3 different people streaming live TV simultaneously.

​Anyway, Emby on Xbox is an excellent way to consume your media. Highly recommended. Also, as you can see here, the level of support and direct engagement you can get from the development team far outpaces anything else I've tried over the years. Always something to consider when your choosing a somewhat specialized platform, like a home media server.

Thanks for the detailed info.  I would have a mix of stuff but not quite as many devices or users. 

I've been using Plex for years for stored media.  Well, I started with Emby when it was MB (MediaBrowser plug in for WMC) but preferred many things about Plex.  If I make the switch to Emby I expect it will replace Plex and of course WMC.  Part of this whole project is to get away from WMC since Windows 7 and by default WMC will no longer be supported in 2 years.  Plus my WMC can't seem to get guide info anymore.  I do prefer grid style guides which is why I'm considering Emby.  I just don't like how it moves the last viewed channels to the top of the guide.  Is there anyway to turn that feature off?  I will also miss being able to just type in a channel number like I could with WMC.

Just curious, why not use Emby for everything instead of also using NPVR?  Are you just using the free version of Emby?

I had thought about using NPVR with Kodi for live TV and then Kodi for stored media.  With that and some of their other plugins it makes for a nice media center experience.  Though now that I use things like Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, HBO and other streaming apps it's easier to run them on the streaming boxes or Xbox.  Plus I don't think Kodi allows you to view media remotely.

StLDreiling

Thanks for the detailed info.  I would have a mix of stuff but not quite as many devices or users. 

I've been using Plex for years for stored media.  Well, I started with Emby when it was MB (MediaBrowser plug in for WMC) but preferred many things about Plex.  If I make the switch to Emby I expect it will replace Plex and of course WMC.  Part of this whole project is to get away from WMC since Windows 7 and by default WMC will no longer be supported in 2 years.  Plus my WMC can't seem to get guide info anymore.  I do prefer grid style guides which is why I'm considering Emby.  I just don't like how it moves the last viewed channels to the top of the guide.  Is there anyway to turn that feature off?  I will also miss being able to just type in a channel number like I could with WMC.

Just curious, why not use Emby for everything instead of also using NPVR?  Are you just using the free version of Emby?

I had thought about using NPVR with Kodi for live TV and then Kodi for stored media.  With that and some of their other plugins it makes for a nice media center experience.  Though now that I use things like Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, HBO and other streaming apps it's easier to run them on the streaming boxes or Xbox.  Plus I don't think Kodi allows you to view media remotely.

I also started on Emby when it was MediaBrowser 3. And no, I'm a lifetime premiere subscriber.

​To be honest, I'm not quite sure what you're seeing. My guide is always in channel order, regardless of what I'd been watching.

​Emby is my hub, but I have a couple different servers doing different jobs. Part of this is just the way my setup evolved over the years, and part of it is a desire to keep things decentralized somewhat for performance reasons. I have an aging  SuperMicro box running Server Essentials with the Hauppauge tuner, NPVR, and 12Tb of storage and MyMovies for ripping and converting DVDs and BDs. I had Emby on that rig, too, until I got gigabit internet at my house and suddenly multiple concurrent media streaming became feasible. Now my family and in-laws stream from my server almost as much as we do here in the house, and I decided to put Emby on some dedicated hardware so converting DVDs or TS files with my 7 year old Xeon didn't impact anyone's movie or TV show.

• Like 1

mustang5o

I also started on Emby when it was MediaBrowser 3. And no, I'm a lifetime premiere subscriber.

​To be honest, I'm not quite sure what you're seeing. My guide is always in channel order, regardless of what I'd been watching.

​Emby is my hub, but I have a couple different servers doing different jobs. Part of this is just the way my setup evolved over the years, and part of it is a desire to keep things decentralized somewhat for performance reasons. I have an aging  SuperMicro box running Server Essentials with the Hauppauge tuner, NPVR, and 12Tb of storage and MyMovies for ripping and converting DVDs and BDs. I had Emby on that rig, too, until I got gigabit internet at my house and suddenly multiple concurrent media streaming became feasible. Now my family and in-laws stream from my server almost as much as we do here in the house, and I decided to put Emby on some dedicated hardware so converting DVDs or TS files with my 7 year old Xeon didn't impact anyone's movie or TV show.

You definitely have a more heavy duty setup than myself.  Then again I only occasionally have one of my Plex Pass friends or my son watching media from my server.  Though it does make sense to separate them a little more.  I've actually tried but my other PC is too weak.  I'll likely buy a NAS that supports running Plex or Emby or another PC within the next year to separate the duties.  Right now my money is going towards remodeling a room for my home theater.  I haven't had my HT room since I moved into a new house in December 2016.

I found my answer in another thread.  When you have the guide up you can modify the settings.  Apparently one of the defaults is to have recently accessed channels moved to the top.  Check out this thread here if your interested https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/40229-guide-and-channel-view-issues/ .

I just found out that Plex DVR works with my HDHomeRun Prime as well.  It doesn't have a grid guide but I've already paid for that (and got a good deal on it).  I might use that for a while and see if I start missing the grid.  The Emby grid would make it easier for others who might use my system to access live TV. Plex operates similar to say Netflix or other streaming apps so I think they could adapt.  I'll be testing for the next 25 or so days until my first month of Emby is due to renew.  Then decide which one to use going forward.

Thanks again.

• Like 1