XBOX one app

Lamista

Beta installed, live tv froze after 3 minutes this time...had to force teh app to close...testing a movie now. I also noticed this in the process..not sure if this is normal:

post-250498-0-55628400-1513254249_thumb.png

Edited by Lamista

Maybe I am lucky. But I do have a slightly newer build than you. I think I was having issues with the build you have. Mine is currently 3.2.50.3.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Scott310

Ok I did some testing and unfortunately very little change.  The all movies alpha picker is still only loading 2 rows of posters and nothing else.  The movie I played froze about 2 minutes into the movie.  I let is sit for 5 minutes and suddenly playback started again. Then it froze again at 5 minutes in and is still frozen as I type this.

I'm trying the same movie on Ember right now. So far it has been direct playing for over 10 minutes and no issues.

Emby show the file as direct streaming.  The file is encoded in DTS and I am using a DTS capable receiver over optical connection from the Xbox if that helps.

I don't remember if I changed anything else. Hope this can be identified. Having emby theatre working again is great.

screwfaze

I don't remember if I changed anything else. Hope this can be identified. Having emby theatre working again is great.

I just got a new Xbox one X so have not used it before but I love doing everything on it now and Emby is the only thing missing  :D

AS I mentioned before, I have an Xbox one elite and a new xbox s. both have 1tb drives, no were near maxed out.

each is responding differently, but in the end both fail

Elite Plays both tv and Movies, but after about 2 minutes its started to skip and scramble the signal, but doesn't freeze, then after about a minute it starts to play again, and then about 3 to 4 minutes later this repeats,  then returns to normal., If I try to pause FF or RR..it creates a mess of problems, including freezing the app.

The One S, this one freezes after about 2 to 3 minutes consistently in each build I have tried, There is no way to back out of the freeze, I have to go to home screen and manage the app and force quit to start it again.

On BOTH devies I can run HD homerun AND plex without any issues.

Tis was Emby beta .6

Edited by Lamista

SkippyJohn

For what it's worth, I have not seen significant playback problems since 3.2.40.0 came out.  The Emby Theater app saw a couple of updates around the same time.  Playback of 60+ minutes of recorded shows, fast forwarding through commercials, both transcoded and direct play, and no problems seen.  Live TV for 90+ minutes, no problems.  I'm on an XBOX One S (wired Ethernet), running 3.2.50.7 server and Emby Theater 1.1.184.70.  Running Emby Theater 1.1.184 on Windows notebooks to same server over wireless also plays live TV and recorded files fine.  

Two suggestions - make sure that you have the latest version of emby theater updated on the XBOX.  Do a full shutdown and reboot.  While its not a concrete conclusion, I've experienced video play back problems clear up after rebooting the XBOX.

Ill try that, my xbox ' s are hardwired as well....and as i I mentioned plex and HD homerun at run fine...so I know the devices run streaming fine.

Thanks

Ok..the restarts changed some things....The one S stopped freezing...The interesting things started happening when I turned on the elite...the One S started behaving like the elite did, not Freezing, instead picture scrambled occasionally and audio garbled while the elite was playing...the elite emby app eventually crashed and went to black screen..it didn't lock up entirely...I could still back out and go to movies and I am testing now with a movie on the elite and live tv on the one s...When I started that the one s started its scramble process..butnot freezing..yet

Edited by Lamista

let me amend this..I will try a more fair test later...I forgot I had a pretty intense task running on the server right now...This looks to be cpu limitation usage right now...

My MB has a built in Radeon card...was going to try the experimental hardware accel...wich one would work? open or api? 

Edited by Lamista

SkippyJohn

@@Lamista - one other suggestion; have you updated your HDHOMERUN devices to the latest versions of firmware?  It's been a long time since I've experienced the stalls and audio glitches that you describe (several months).  One other observation for me - these problems only happened when I had the original HDHOMERUN dual tuner device connected to the network.  When only running with the legacy Connect or current Connect versions, I have not seen this particular behavior. 

Thank Skippy, I doubled checked to make sure everything was up to date..even as far as checking my main board drivers..all good.  I tried emby again on my xbox one s and it failed again after 4 minutes. so back to square one. I know I dont have the strongest processor in the world, A10 6800k..but it can run plex and hd homerun on 4 devices at once..and even some transcoding to my phone via wifi at the te same time..that does stress it...what is making this fustrating with emby is that I cant get 1 device to work without issues. Hopefully there will be some fix here shortly...I will not pay for another month of this service..it simply isn't working for me in its current state.

Edited by Lamista