Steady memory increase/leak?

nonplus

Hi,

Using current Emby (3.2.36.0) on Ubuntu 17.10 amd64.

Using only web interface, no apps. Using only Music and some photos (some videos in collection but I use them very little via Emby). Music is a decent collection though, some 125GB.

I notice that over time (say 24 hours), Emby memory consumption creeps up, starting at 150MB to some 650MB currently. I notice that when I access the web interface from a new client (same username though as on previous clients), the server takes a very long time to load Music (e.g. artists or genres), and memory consumption increases during this long load time. 

So it's not during playback or transcoding, but during browsing that the steady increase in memory consumption takes place. 

Any idea what's causing this? A workaround to prevent Emby from taking up all available memory is to restart it every 24 hours, but this is not a preferred solution of course. Also, the very long load times (easily 30 seconds) are very disturbing. The server is not the bottleneck (4GB of RAM; CPU usage during the long load times is generally under 10%).

I tried setting max-heap-size=512M, but this is not respected -- I guess this option applies only to Mono, and not to the .NET core version I'm running. 

Any help or ideas appreciated! Thanks,

-Teunsi