Pointing to old version of software after update

adamthayer

adamthayer

Yesterday, I upgraded to the newest Ubuntu version of Emby using the instructions on the site (different from the past when I would just update from the repos), and everything seemed to be running smoothly. Today, the software loads partially, and I can access the control panel, but that's about the extent of it. Reading through the log, it appears that it's trying to load the previous version of the software. I've tried installing over the existing installation, and updating through apt-get, with no luck. I've attached the server log for reference. Any idea what stupid thing I did?

ServerLog.txt

There's no more apt-get update. you just install the binary from the website. Why do you think it's trying to load a previous version?

adamthayer

The log file has a number of entries like this:

Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.1.6161.23125

But the software is currently on 3.2.36.0, which made me think that maybe the issue was in the software pointing to an old version.

No, that's nothing to worry about. Those are just old versions of plugins that are no longer compatible. You can check they plugin catalog for compatible versions to install. Thanks.