Chromecast Audio Casting Issues

epgulbrandsen

epgulbrandsen

I'm considering the switch from Plex due to sync issues with Plex. However, I seem to be having struggles with casting to my chromecast Audio.

For some reason, when I play a song and attempt to cast, I see repeat chromecast Audio devices. For instance:

Livingroom-chromecast

Livingroom-chromecast

Livingroom DLNA

This is one device. Trying to cast to either of the first 2 and nothing plays. Casting to the DLNA works, however, when I disconnect the music doesn't stop. Which am I supposed to use? Running Android Oreo on a nexus 6p,but this happens on Android 7 with a Nexus 5x as well

Also, do the chromecast devices count towards my 15 devices? I have 9 chromecast audios, 4 chromecast videos, and I have about 10 different chromecast Audio groups for multi-sync. If each does, I'd be over my 15 devices easily just with my single cell phone.

post-258402-0-37131500-1511068161_thumb.png

Edited by epgulbrandsen

epgulbrandsen

By turning off "DLNA play to", I'm able to get rid of the chromecast DLNA devices, but I still get duplicates on multiple devices. 

Also, to stop casting is very buggy.  I stopped casting to one and then I couldn't cast to another chromecast audio without closing the app and reopening.  

Finally, no queue available when casting?  

Hi, the reason for the duplicates is that it's just being detected with two different protocols that are completely independent of each other. One is Chromecast with the web app, and other other is the server's dlna features.

epgulbrandsen

Quick to reply, nice.

So, if you look closely at my photo I attached, there are "master audio" devices, one DLNA and the other 2 chromecast.  After turning off the "DLNA to play", I'm still left with 2 on my phone.  UPDATE:  Still can't figure out why I see two devices.  For my Chromecast Groups, I only have one device, but for each actual hardware device, I have two options (not DLNA).

To the next issue, when I cast my Chromecast Audio, either from my phone or Web App, if I don't stop the song from playing, it continues to play after I stop casting.  Interesting, a standard for casting apps is to say "stop casting or cancel" and Emby doesn't offer that, it offers me "remote control, disconnect, or cancel".  With every other multimedia app I use, when I select "stop casting", the media stops playing on my Chromecast Audio.  I figured it out.  If I leave "emby connected to this device" it continues to cast.  Disconnecting it from the device stops.  

A related question that I asked earlier, will my 9 chromecast audio devices plus my 10 chromecast groups count as "devices" for my Premiere 15 devices?

Finally, it looks like I can't manipulate a queue when casting, is that in the works?

Thanks and here are my logs:

Logs.txt

Edited by epgulbrandsen

Chromecast will not count against the limit, and yes, manipulation of the now playing queue is in the works. thanks.

• 2 months later...