Watched status not set using external player (AndroidTV/UPnP stream)

mpiet

Angelblue05

What the heck. It reports some kind of position tick in your case. The external player detection depends on playback happening and the current position reporting as 0.

'currentPosition': 39.397003173828125

I don't know what that value is. At what point did you stop playback, in minutes?

Edited by Angelblue05

@@kalle, which valve you have set in:

playercorefactory.xml:
<playcountminimumtime>xxx</playcountminimumtime>

And how long is your playback duration? When you finished watching in external player, do you confirm the Kodi popup with OK or just closing by "back" key?

@Angleblue05, I tried to install the 3.0.2a version but it did not work. I am using now the official version. Is it not possible to "update" to the beta/alpha version? Or i have to deinstall the action version before using the beta/alpha?

Attached a log with a short play on the internal VideoPlayer and two episodes on an external player.

Sorry @Angelblue05, I don't wont to confuse you. The first playback uses the INTERNAL VideoPlayer which reported his position. The second and third playback are using an external player.

Edited by kalle

@@mpiet

The time setting in playercorefactory.xml is

<playcountminimumtime>600</playcountminimumtime>

I've tested shorter 20 min episodes an complete 180 min movies. Both doesn't work.

The external player is using his own xserver and quits when playback is done or stopped by user. The kodi screen returned without any interaction.

Edited by kalle

Angelblue05

Ok, I didn't realize that was the case. I'll check. But it's working for me, using VLC as my external player. So there's hope...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

Ok, the good news is the detection for external player does work. I think I found the issue. Give me some time to work this out, thank you. From your log:

23:52:20.791 T:139863554324224  NOTICE: EMBY.kodimonitor -> External player detected.
00:12:46.154 T:139864009127680  NOTICE: EMBY.player -> Percent complete: 100 Mark played at: 0.95

Angelblue05

Give 3.0.4a a go. It should be resolved now. I forgot to send the corrected position tick when stopping playback.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

I can not install the version from public testing folder. I am getting:"The dependency on xbmc.python version 2.25.0 could not be satisfied"

How can i install the 3.0.4a?

Edited by mpiet

Angelblue05

It's only available for Krypton. If you are using an older version, you'll need to update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give 3.0.4a a go. It should be resolved now. I forgot to send the corrected position tick when stopping playback.

It works!

Have tried 3.0.4a with a movie and an episode and after playback finished the watched state was automagically set.

Thanks, @Angelblue05 for fixing this little bug not affecting many users. Keep up the good work on this really amazing addon.

• Like 1