Will Direct Playback of live tv ever come back?

pünktchen

h.buckle

I used to have similar issues with mediaportal and NextPVR (which is why I got the HDHR) - as far as I can see they all output identical streams - H264 video with LATM audio in a TS container. The external VLC app on the shield plays these back flawlessly so I guess it is something exo related that doesn't like those streams

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Spaceboy

can you confirm exactly what it is that you want please? post 38 just refers to an in app log. i've always been keen to assist with providing information to get this looked at.

@@Luke please can you confirm what you need here?

Look at the level of detail that @@pünktchen provided. That's why his issue report was given more attention because it was much easier for us. He offered comparison to behavior in other emby apps as well as a detailed description of what he experienced:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52636-will-direct-playback-of-live-tv-ever-come-back/page-2&do=findComment&comment=512153

Your issue reports tend to provide as few words as possible and that is why they sometimes take a while to get moving. Thanks.

I just updated to 3.2.50.5 beta hoping that transcoding would stop. But for some reason i am transcoding live tv to the fire again. This is with a hdhr prime. Its weird how this keeps flip flopping between being direct play in 1 rev then transcoding in another. Direct play is very important on low power systems.

my fire tv is set to auto for quality.

Here is the transcode log.

ffmpeg.txt

I just updated to 3.2.50.5 beta hoping that transcoding would stop. But for some reason i am transcoding live tv to the fire again. This is with a hdhr prime. Its weird how this keeps flip flopping between being direct play in 1 rev then transcoding in another. Direct play is very important on low power systems.

my fire tv is set to auto for quality.

Here is the transcode log.

Interlaced SD content will be transcoded to de-interlace it.

Interlaced SD content will be transcoded to de-interlace it.

Ahh.

I wonder what the sd content is.

Good thing vaapi is working otherwise my wife would be ripping me a new one with the tv buffering.

pünktchen

@@ebr Finally i've created three in app logs on my Shield, all with the user "DVBViewer" at around 11PM Germany time.

First i've started a 576i channel named "kabel eins" -> it was remuxed.

Then i've started a 720p channel named "MDR HD" -> it started remuxed, but because of playback problems on the Shield ended transcoded

Lastly i've started a 1080i channel named "SyFy HD" -> it started direct streaming, but because of playback problems on the Shield ended transcoded

The playback problem is another story, that needs an own thread.

Just to be clear again, i'm missing direct playback from source not direct streaming through the server!

Some side notes: TVirl and Tvheadend live channel also utilize Exoplayer and have no problems to direct play my tv streams, so it's doable.

Thanks.  Unfortunately, your server did not have debug logging turned on so I can't see some important info to try and diagnose.   I hate to ask you to do all of that again but can you just do the first two as a start?

pünktchen

Thanks. Unfortunately, your server did not have debug logging turned on so I can't see some important info to try and diagnose. I hate to ask you to do all of that again but can you just do the first two as a start?

You mean 576i and 720p channels?

You mean 576i and 720p channels?

Yes.  Also, if you can note the programs on the channels at the time that will help me locate them.

Thanks.

pünktchen

Okay, same as yesterday. Two in app logs with user "DVBViewer" around 1.30AM Germany time:

First 576i channel "kabel eins" - program "Die spektakulärsten Kriminalfälle [4]"

Second 720p channel "MDR HD" -program "Umschau extra"

pünktchen

Okay @@pünktchen, please try this again with the next beta of the app (1.5.18) in conjunction with the next beta of the server (50.7).

Thanks.

It's not yet available.