Latest Emby Addon not showing as playing on server

chrisoldroyd

chrisoldroyd

After the last Emby Addon update, my two Kodi installs have stopped showing up in the server dashboard when playing content and subsequently they are not scrobbling watched status to the server and then of course trakt.

I have watched 5 different tv eps tonight on two separate installs and they are marked as watched on the local Kodi installs but not on the Emby server.

Each Kodi install uses native file paths.

I will try and get a log posted but this is really confusing.

Thanks

Chris

this sounds like the problem I was having which was discussed here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52039-trakt-plugin-watched-status-updated-but-not-emby-server/

Angelblue05 posted a modified build for us to try and it fixed the problem for me completely. 

the second version a link was posted by Angelblue05 for the build 2.3.56a here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52039-trakt-plugin-watched-status-updated-but-not-emby-server/page-2&do=findComment&comment=506006

Edited by elsker
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

But 2.3.56 includes the modifications and that is the current build. Going to need logs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

chrisoldroyd

But 2.3.56 includes the modifications and that is the current build. Going to need logs

I have logs from Kodi and Emby Server, is it safe to just upload these here or do they include any passwords?

Let me know and I will get them to you however you want them.

Thanks

Chris

Angelblue05

I only need your Kodi log. It does not contain any passwords but you will want to mask external ip at the very least. Thank you.

chrisoldroyd

I only need your Kodi log. It does not contain any passwords but you will want to mask external ip at the very least. Thank you.

Log attached

Thanks

Chris

kodi 051117.zip

Angelblue05

Yeah, Kodi didn't trigger playback events in any way. How are you playing these files?

Edited by Angelblue05

chrisoldroyd

Yeah, Kodi didn't trigger playback events in any way. How are you playing these files?

Using the main movies dB on the Aeon Nox skin, that’s it, no widgets.

Angelblue05

@@chrisoldroyd

Weird, same setup as me. But in your case, it only detected play started for Settlement Pacifier Attic Unsyncing and then nothing else. It went on to play The Travel Agency but even this, the add-on didn't receive the event trigger that something was playing.

I'll have to think what could be the problem, but I haven't seen this before.

You sure do have a lot of complaints about livetv in your log. Maybe it's messing with Kodi events somehow? Check your log. I'll let you know if I think of anything that could resolve this. 

chrisoldroyd

@@chrisoldroyd

Weird, same setup as me. But in your case, it only detected play started for Settlement Pacifier Attic Unsyncing and then nothing else. It went on to play The Travel Agency but even this, the add-on didn't receive the event trigger that something was playing.

I'll have to think what could be the problem, but I haven't seen this before.

You sure do have a lot of complaints about livetv in your log. Maybe it's messing with Kodi events somehow? Check your log. I'll let you know if I think of anything that could resolve this.

Thank you, you may be right about Live TV, I have setup a new install and not enabled any if that. Will test and see.

It’s also interesting that I enabled it on my second box and that now has the same issues.

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

chrisoldroyd

Fresh install and still the same issue, Kodi marks items as played but does not mark them as played on server. Doesn’t even show as playing anything on the server or TRAKT.

I am using Native playback on two builds although one is Kodi 17.5 on a PC and the other is latest version of SPMC on Fire TV 2016.

Edited by chrisoldroyd

chrisoldroyd

Sorry, do you mind posting a new log? Thanks.

New log attached, this is a new build with nothing but the emby plugin installed. Played three things tonight, NCIS, Super Girl and Last Man on Earth. The first two played fine, showed as being played on Emby Server and were both marked as played and same on TRAKT. Half an hour later played Last Man on Earth and nothing, Kodi disappeared from Emby Server page, TRAKT not showing it playing and not marked as watched on the server. Tried to quit Kodi and it had frozen. The same is happening on another PC Build and a Fire TV.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

kodi 141117.zip

Edited by chrisoldroyd
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

I think I see something. Thanks for the new log. I'm in the middle of fixing another issue, I'll have a build up for you to test tomorrow, hopefully.

Edited by Angelblue05

chrisoldroyd

I think I see something. Thanks for the new log. I'm in the middle of fixing another issue, I'll have a build up for you to test tomorrow, hopefully.

Thank you

Angelblue05

@@chrisoldroyd

Sorry for the delay, I've been digging and I just can't figure out why in your case, the video player is not triggering proper events. I thought I saw something but I was mistaken. 

See, when you see these lines:

20:51:06.474 T:8136  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: smb://server/d/TV/Supergirl/Season 03/Supergirl - S03E05 - Damage.mkv

Player.OnPlay should trigger. According to your log, those lines are not even appearing later on.

20:51:07.550 T:1056  NOTICE: EMBY.kodimonitor -> Method: Player.OnPlay Data: {"item":{"id":1653,"type":"episode"},"player":{"playerid":1,"speed":1}}

I'd say you could try add-on playback instead (you'd need to reset the local database). It would remedy the situation for now, it's still is weird though... Are you using an external player?

• Like 1

chrisoldroyd

@@chrisoldroyd

Sorry for the delay, I've been digging and I just can't figure out why in your case, the video player is not triggering proper events. I thought I saw something but I was mistaken. 

See, when you see these lines:

20:51:06.474 T:8136  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: smb://server/d/TV/Supergirl/Season 03/Supergirl - S03E05 - Damage.mkv

Player.OnPlay should trigger. According to your log, those lines are not even appearing later on.

20:51:07.550 T:1056  NOTICE: EMBY.kodimonitor -> Method: Player.OnPlay Data: {"item":{"id":1653,"type":"episode"},"player":{"playerid":1,"speed":1}}

I'd say you could try add-on playback instead (you'd need to reset the local database). It would remedy the situation for now, it's still is weird though... Are you using an external player?

What do you mean by an external player?

These are pure Kodi builds on windows and Fire TV. Nothing modified in any way. Only thing I can think and you will know better is that both of these installs use the same emby user name and are logged in at the same time. Could that be causing an issue if they are playing at the same time?

Thanks

Chris

Angelblue05

No. The issue really is the Kodi player does not trigger playing events which the addon uses to hook for playback tracking when using native playback.

Edited by Angelblue05

chrisoldroyd

No. The issue really is the Kodi player does not trigger playing events which the addon uses to hook for playback tracking when using native playback.

Ok I will setup as Addon, what do I lose doing it this way?

Angelblue05

Nothing really, it might be slower to start playback on low powered device (like ras pi). After doing that, please check your log and see if you see Player.OnPlay for each playback. I am still digging in the Kodi forums to see if anyone else has had this issue.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@chrisoldroyd

Actually, before you proceed... Can you grab a log with Kodi debug enabled as last resort? Maybe that will give us a clue as to why player.onplay is not triggering in a stable way.

Edited by Angelblue05