Roku Emby App Not Playing After Server Update

ashbinder

gunneric

All of those logs were purged when I did the re-install of Emby server, the logs provided are the earliest from the new install.

ashbinder

Hi ebr/Luke - since I didn't have this problem on server version .34, what is the easiest way to downgrade?  I downloaded the emby.windows.zip for .34, but since it doesn't come with an installer, not sure on how to downgrade without losing all my settings, library, etc.

Figured I would downgrade and see if it's truly the server side or not.

Thanks!

@@ashbinder i think it would be better to just download .34 and place it somewhere else and use it standalone portable for testing purposes. This way you won't disrupt your existing installation. You can use that same approach to test multiple versions if you'd like. thanks.

ashbinder

Hi Luke - that actually reminds me!  I migrated to a new computer for Emby Server a few months ago, but still have the only computer running as an HTPC now.  It still has the old server on it; however, when I booted it up, it automatically downloaded and installed .36.  Which folder should I extract emby.windows.zip to overwrite to downgrade?  Or will that not work?  I tried overwriting the System folder in the Emby-Server folder (under AppData), but that didn't seem to work.  Still shows .36 as the version number.

I wouldn't suggest doing that. I would try my suggestion in post #30. Since it has already updated you might try from that server though and see what happens.

ashbinder

Hi guys,

Not sure what happened, but it now works!  The old server updated to .36 and the Roku was able to play from it.  Then I linked back up to the current server and now it works just fine!  In the past, I've reset the Roku's, updated the firmware, reinstalled the Emby app, etc. with no luck.  But it's almost like syncing to another server then back reset it differently...?

Anyways, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so no complaints here...thanks for the help!

Edited by ashbinder