Roku Emby App Not Playing After Server Update

ashbinder

ashbinder

Hi there,

This might just be a coincidence, by the Roku Emby app stopped working for me after the server update to .35 on Windows 10.  By not working I mean:

- extremely slow to login

- once you select a show and click play, the spinning circle freezes. 

- Never gets to the progress bar.

- Then times out and goes to a black screen after awhile

I noticed .36 just came out; updated and still not working.  My other Emby apps work fine, either in the browser or using Kodi.  But the official Emby app for the Roku doesn't work.  And just to try, I gave Blue Neon a shot, and that instead gave me an error of "failed to post capabilities" and then boots me back to the Roku homepage.

Thoughts?

Thanks!  

Hi there, can you please try removing all installed plugins and see if that has any impact? thanks !

ashbinder

Hi Luke - thanks for the suggestion.  I uninstalled both AutoBoxSets and Kodi Queue (the only two plugins I had installed) and no effect.  Roku still gets stuck trying to play a file and is very slow to login.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

ashbinder

Before I tried your suggestion, I reinstalled Emby on the Roku.  Still no change - freezes on both video and music.  However, after the reinstall, I was able to get this error after a wait "Playback error: no streams provided for playback."  The same message occurs regardless of music or video.  Server is running fine though; I had a Kodi box streaming in another room at the same time with no issue.

Before I tried your suggestion, I reinstalled Emby on the Roku.  Still no change - freezes on both video and music.  However, after the reinstall, I was able to get this error after a wait "Playback error: no streams provided for playback."  The same message occurs regardless of music or video.  Server is running fine though; I had a Kodi box streaming in another room at the same time with no issue.

Can you provide the emby server log from that? thanks.

ashbinder

Hi ebr - the log was sent @ 10:48 pm MST.  Tried to play Dinotrux S05E04.  Screen hangs on circle icon, then goes to black after a while.  Did not get a playback error message this time.  User was Melissa.

Thanks!

Edited by ashbinder

Hi.  If you uninstall the Kodi Sync plug-in does it start working?

@@Angelblue05 there is a massive dump of some json information in his log that appears to be consuming the entire thing.  Based on the content, it almost looks like it is in some sort of recursive loop.  Just FYI - thanks.

ashbinder

Hi ebr - no, uninstalling the Kodi Sync doesn't fix the issue for the Roku, unfortunately.  Luke had suggested I uninstall all the plugins and try; unfortunately, no joy.

Thanks!

Edited by ashbinder

gunneric

This is exactly the same behavior that I reported "Emby App loading but not playing".

Still waiting for a fix myself.

Happy2Play

This is exactly the same behavior that I reported "Emby App loading but not playing".

Still waiting for a fix myself.

Isn't that the same as I wish I could reproduce the issue?

Edited by Happy2Play

gunneric

Isn't that the same as I wish I could reproduce the issue?

Actually that is reproducing the issue.  O P is having exactly the same issues that I am having, so O P has reproduced my issue.

Happy2Play

Actually that is reproducing the issue.  O P is having exactly the same issues that I am having, so O P has reproduced my issue.

Obviously it doesn't affect everyone. How is your setup different?  How can I reproduce it? 

gunneric

Here is my setup:

Windows 10 (64Bit)

Emby Server

Version 3.2.36.0

http port 8096.

Media is stored on a Seagate External Hard drive at position D:

I can play any of the server content from my web browser accessing the localhost - Firefox.  I can also watch using Roku Media Player.

When I use the Roku Emby App, it loads, I can see everything, I can even mark programs as watched or not, but when I try to play any video file, it goes to the loading circle and never plays.

Happy2Play

Here is my setup:

Windows 10 (64Bit)

Emby Server

Version 3.2.36.0

http port 8096.

Media is stored on a Seagate External Hard drive at position D:

I can play any of the server content from my web browser accessing the localhost - Firefox.  I can also watch using Roku Media Player.

When I use the Roku Emby App, it loads, I can see everything, I can even mark programs as watched or not, but when I try to play any video file, it goes to the loading circle and never plays.

There are two versions of 3.2.36.0 for Windows.  Do you know which version you have, net core or net framework?  Can you post a server log.

Edited by Happy2Play

gunneric

There are two versions of 3.2.36.0 for Windows.  Do you know which version you have, net core or net framework?  Can you post a server log.

I believe that it is the net framework.  At least I recall that it said something about net framework when I re-installed.

Here are the logs from 11-4 and today, they  are the largest in the log files that I have.  You can look also at the files posted in my original posting.

server-63645299783.txt

server-63645661408.txt

Happy2Play

I believe that it is the net framework.  At least I recall that it said something about net framework when I re-installed.

Here are the logs from 11-4 and today, they  are the largest in the log files that I have.  You can look also at the files posted in my original posting.

I am not understanding your Roku reporting two different useragents.  The app requires 7.5 or higher.

UserAgent: Roku/DVP-6.x

UserAgent: Roku/DVP-8.0

Have you restarted your Roku?

**And you are on Net Core Server  (no Roku activity on Todays log)

Edited by Happy2Play

gunneric

I had some issues with the Roku yesterday with freezing up.  So I did a system update on the Roku.

I just UN-installed Emby completely with logs, turned it off as a service.  I then re-installed the server and I am currently putting my entire library back on the server.

I am going to uninstall the Emby App from Roku and then do a re-start and re-install it again.

Once I'm done I will create a new thread with new logs, if it doesn't work.  Which if the last time I did this is any indication, it shouldn't work.

But fingers crossed.  Maybe I will publish it working so you guys have a comparison and see where if anywhere it went wrong.

@@ashbinder - Sorry, I didn't pay enough attention to dates and times.  The server log you posted above does not match the app log you sent - they are from different days.

I'm seeing a timeout being reported in the app log and we need to find the server log that matches it.  Should be from 11-7 and cover the time period between 10:00pm and 11:00pm your time.

Thanks.