Split Live TV tasks (Check .m3u list/Check EPG)

carloshmm

carloshmm

Hello, currently these two tasks are happening at the same time:

1. Check if the .m3u file/URL is online.
  2. Update EPG.

The task that triggers these two tasks above is named: "Refresh Guide".

My IPTV provider requires a constant "keep alive" check on its .m3u URL in order to keep the connection opened (generate new tokens). On Emby I'm easily accomplishing this task just setting it to execute the task "Refresh Guide" each 15 minutes.

Today I built my own EPG (xml file) to use and after I inserted this file to be read by Emby the task "Refresh Guide" started taking 15 minutes to finish (before was 10 seconds). Now I have a problem, I can't renew the authentication with my IPTV provider because of this composed task that is taking too long.

My request:

Split the task "Refresh Guide" into two minor tasks:

1. Check/Refresh .m3u channels.
  2. Update EPG list.

8GrEEhR.png

@@Luke said here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46086-fr-refresh-from-m3u/&do=findComment&comment=433287

This already happens during the normal guide data refresh, so just make sure the scheduled task is being allowed to run. Thanks !

Edited by carloshmm

I would not like the idea of splitting them up as it would create too much complication for other users. So we'd need a better approach than that. Thanks.

carloshmm

I would not like the idea of splitting them up as it would create too much complication for other users. So we'd need a better approach than that. Thanks.

I answered you here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/39606-refresh-local-playlist/&do=findComment&comment=507716

There isn't any temporary workaround? I've already tried to set a local .m3u file with a bash script process updating it each 15 minutes but Emby only updates it's internal representation of the .m3u list with the task "Refresh Channels", so this doesn't work. You could create a hidden advanced option for this, this way new users won't be confused by this.

But let's keep the discussion at the current topic since that other one is already closed/solved.

---EDIT

As @@maegibbons stated on the other topic my situation is a very rare one and it really doesn't worth the effort. I'm going to close this topic, thank you.

---EDIT2

Hey, I was testing the Plex Plugin for IPTV: https://github.com/Cigaras/IPTV.bundle

And it handles the update of the playlist and XMLTV files in separated ways:

DnF00ZK.jpg

@@Luke, could you please take a look at this different approach and see if this change would make sense on Emby? You said previously that this change could create too much complication for other users but I think this way is pretty easy to understand, you can see clearly the difference between updating the playlist and updating the XMLTV.

Edited by carloshmm

• 1 month later...