Emby for Deepin

mauriciomaurente

mauriciomaurente

I recently switched my operating system to Linux Deepin. When downloading the version for Debian it shows an "incorrect architecture" error. How can I solve?

mauriciomaurente
Dear Luke, we often look for a wall in front of us and all we see are bricks.

I discovered the error.

Thank you for your support and patience.

mauriciomaurente
I am new to Linux and did not realize that it was 32bit version.

Now I have another problem, I can not find my media, nor my external hds ....

mauriciomaurente
Of course. I installed Emby normally. I started the wizard, on the screen where I add to the library, choose (tv, movies), when in add, it is not like in Microsoft Windows where you know where the folders are, the external disks. On Linux it shows things like \ sys, \ dev, ... And I can not find where the media folders or external disks are.

If my Google English is not clear, I can send you a printscreen.

dcrdev

I'm assuming from the knowledge you've expressed in this thread, that you have installed Emby on a standard installation with a GUI. In which case you most likely have your disks auto mounted by your desktop environment using something like gvfs. These mounts are only accessible to the running user and not really suitable for Emby.

You need to define static mount points for each of your disks, the easiest way to do that is by adding them to /etc/fstab. You should probably research this yourself.

By the end of that setup, you'll know where your files are because you will have chosen the mountpoint. Just make sure the emby user has permission on that mountpoint when you are done.

mauriciomaurente

I'm looking for a solution, but I have not found it yet. I do not know how to do that on Deepin.

Just make sure the emby user has permission on that mountpoint when you are done.

Before modifying the fstab become familiar with it. Big enough of a mistake in the fstab can cause the system to not boot into your os normally recovery would be done through grub. So also ensure you create a backup of the fstab.

When you do make mount points in the fstab for external drives my opinion is you should use nofail as an option so that if the drive is not present for whatever reason the system wont care and will boot.

It might be best to first become comfortable mounting the drives with /mount and such first and testing things out this way before modifying the fstab.