Emby Server - Pages showing suggested shows & movies to DVR

crhatfield

crhatfield

Page that gives us more options for upcoming shows/movies and returning shows that might not be set to record (for shows already in library) that we can check out. I'm a premium user and also a Plex pass member and Plex has this on their guide page - my favorite part of theirs really, great for locating stuff I have overlooked or didn't know was coming up..

Edited Title to better reflect what I was intending to say, I meant DVR-related pages, not precisely Live TV.. Apologies for the poorly thought out keywords..

Edited by crhatfield

crhatfield

Upon further review, I'd have to disagree. What I see is a list of everything currently playing, not anything "suggested", everything seems to be in a semi-chronological order with currently playing items first. What I was saying is something like if I have 30 Rock shows in my library, maybe  show stuff like what google says here..

https://www.google.com/search?q=tv+shows+like+30+rock

Arrested Development, Scrubs, Parks and Recreation, The Office, Great News, etc...

Also I don't see much need for currently playing items really, I'm more interested in whats coming up and less in whats currently playing right this second because honestly I have zero interest in recording a partial episode.. I'd rather catch it a day or two later and get the whole thing..

Just some food for thought, hope it helps in some way :)

crhatfield

Oh had another idea, since most of my stuff is related to DVR, I rarely watch live TV TBH.. Maybe we could create a new tab in addition to Live TV, create one called DVR which could have more DVR focused pages, that would do less in whats playing right now and more in whats coming soon.. *shrug*

All the rows below "On Now" are items coming up in the near future - but they do not have any intelligence to them like you are suggesting.

Thanks.

Oh had another idea, since most of my stuff is related to DVR, I rarely watch live TV TBH.. Maybe we could create a new tab in addition to Live TV, create one called DVR which could have more DVR focused pages, that would do less in whats playing right now and more in whats coming soon.. *shrug*

@@crhatfield, does ebr's response answer your question? I would like to understand why you weren't able to locate upcoming programs because that's a bit of a problem for us if you aren't aware the feature exists. Thanks !

Upon further review, I'd have to disagree. What I see is a list of everything currently playing, not anything "suggested", everything seems to be in a semi-chronological order with currently playing items first. What I was saying is something like if I have 30 Rock shows in my library, maybe  show stuff like what google says here..

https://www.google.com/search?q=tv+shows+like+30+rock

Arrested Development, Scrubs, Parks and Recreation, The Office, Great News, etc...

Also I don't see much need for currently playing items really, I'm more interested in whats coming up and less in whats currently playing right this second because honestly I have zero interest in recording a partial episode.. I'd rather catch it a day or two later and get the whole thing..

Just some food for thought, hope it helps in some way :)

Yes I think this is a good idea, thanks.