IsPlaceHolder

Luke

This property has been added for videos to denote titles the user has offline in the form of physical discs (or otherwise perhaps).

Upon pressing play if IsPlaceHolder == true, you should display a message to the effect of telling the user they need to insert the disc. If this is something you're app is not capable of doing then don't present the play button at all.

• Like 2

Redshirt

Is the idea for the client to keep requesting the dto from the server until IsPlaceHolder == false before progressing through the playback logic?

Redshirt

oh. I thought we were talking about a removable drive or external storage for example. So waiting for the user to plug the drive back in and have everything realized as online again.

What do you mean keep requesting? Basically it means they most likely have the physical disc sitting on their shelf but have not bothered to rip it into digital form. So MBC or MBT would show a message saying "Please insert the disc.". In your case you have no way of supporting this so you'll just not allow playback of these items at all.

Oh plugin to the server? No, not that. It's purely client-side playback. I've actually added this same property to Game to as well.

Redshirt

Are IsPlaceHolder and PlayAccess in the current release server build, or just the betas? I've added them both to Android and realized I may need to remove them again temporarily.

gcw07

Should we default that these things exist if the data isn't there? Right now I defaulted so that if the data wasn't there it would basically come back as a negative, that no you can't play them.

Redshirt

That will break your client for people who are slow to upgrade the server.

PlayAccess wil always be there. IsPlaceHolder only applies to Videos and Games, and it will always be there for those.

gcw07

That will break your client for people who are slow to upgrade the server.

Yeah I can default to true if it isn't there.