Emby Photos Library showing Empty in Kodi

bolderbast

Angelblue05

That's what my test library is set as and no problem displaying here. Can you tell me exactly what you did when you recreated the directory.

bolderbast

Hmm, weird then. What I did was (if I'm not forgetting anything):

1. Because watching pictures now seemed to work from the Emby Kodi Add-on, I created new folders and Libraries for the images of my other users (I have a total of 6 users). Type: Home videos & photos.
  2. Decided to delete my previous Pictures library and create it new, with a different name, with type Home videos & photos, pointing to exactly the same folder and folder structure as previously.
  3. Rescanned all libraries
  4. Moved my metadata folder on the Emby server to a different location
  5. Redownloaded all metadata for all libraries

So for my pictures library, only the content type and name should be changed.

Then I tested, and found that no images are shown angain in Kodi through the Add-on. Did not/could not test for the other users because I do not have access to their Kodi box.

Hope this info helps?

EDIT: To emphasize, I did not change the directory structure or files in it, in any way.

Edited by bolderbast

bolderbast

Just double-checked. Access is allowed correctly. If it wasn't, the library would not be available in Kodi I think. In my case, it is available in Kodi, but empty.

Also checked: The images are properly visible from the android app, so server-side seems to be ok.

Angelblue05

If I think of something, I'll let you know. It's still working fine on my side with the latest code update I made.

Edited by Angelblue05

bolderbast

Hmm, so it is a curious case then...

I saw version 2.3.57 was released, re-tested with that one too. Unfortunately, same issue (debug log attached).

Is there anyting else I can try?

May the server log help?

kodi.log

bolderbast

Been reviewing the log, and I see for instance:

09:17:31.613 T:140289826346752  NOTICE: EMBY.default -> Parameter string: ?id=Afbeeldingen & Filmpjes Patrick&mode=browsecontent&type=homevideos params: {'type': ['homevideos'], 'id': ['Afbeeldingen '], 'mode': ['browsecontent']}

I noticed the ['Afbeeldingen '] part.
Shouldn't that be ['Afbeeldingen & Filmpjes Patrick']?

Could the problem be caused by improper handling of the '&' sign in the name of the library?
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Nope. That's not the issue, because my test scenario was Foto's & Video's Patrick. However, can you try to rename the library to something simpler and let me know if it works then? Then try renaming it to what it was and let me know if it holds.

Edited by Angelblue05

bolderbast

I renamed the library to "PicsPatrick" and now it works.

Will try different names to figure out if it fails due to length, spaces, or the &.

Edited by bolderbast
  • Like 1

bolderbast

OK, now I am at a loss...

• Renamed Library to "PicsPatrick", then it works
  • Renamed Library to "Afbeeldingen en Filmpjes Patrick", then I see contents (did not try to open a picture)
  • Renamed Library to "Afbeeldingon & Filmpjes Patrick", then it works (did not try to open a picture)
  • Renamed Library to "Afbeeldingen & Filmpjes Patrick", then it fails (I see the library but I don't see any contents)
  • Granted my user access to another pictures library called "Afbeeldingen & Filmpjes Marjan", then I see contents, but opening a picture fails (the preview works).
  • Performed a dabase reset an then "Afbeeldingen & Filmpjes Patrick" also shows content, but opening a picture fails (the preview works).

So there initially seems to have been an issue in de Kodi DB with the name "Afbeeldingen & Filmpjes Patrick". The DB reset seems to have fixed that.

Now however, I can't open a picture (the preview works)... I'll do some more troubleshooting and/or gather logs and report back.

EDIT: added more info/troubleshooting steps and results

Edited by bolderbast

bolderbast
OK, here are the results from the Dutch jury:

• Renamed my Emby pictures library to "PicsPatrick"
  • Performed Kodi Database Reset
  • Tested with Library "Afbeeldingen & Filmpjes Marjan": Browse OK, Preview OK, Open Picture OK
  • Tested with Library "PicsPatrick": Browse OK, Preview OK, Open Picture OK
  • Renamed my Emby pictures library to "Afbeeldingen & Filmpjes Patrick"
  • Tested with Library "Afbeeldingen & Filmpjes Marjan": Browse OK, Preview OK, Open Picture OK
  • Tested with Library "Afbeeldingen & Filmpjes Patrick": Browse OK, Preview OK, Open Picture OK

Conclusion: The initial problem is fixed in an update for the Kodi pluging (released as version 2.3.57). My second problem is solved after resetting the Kodi database (option from the Emby plugin for Kodi). All seems to work OK now. :-)

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

• Like 2