Emby Photos Library showing Empty in Kodi

bolderbast

bolderbast

Hi all,

• Emby Server: 3.2.33.0
  • Kodi 17.4
  • Emby Addon for Kodi: 2.3.55

I have a Photo's Library configured (type is "Photos", name is "Foto's & Video's Patrick") and it has contents (see Emby.png)

When I open the Emby Pictures addon for Kodi, the Photos Library shows up, but the content is empty. (see Kodi 01-04.png)

Anyone have any idea what could be the cause of this problem?

I attached the Kodi log and the Emby Server log.

Thanks in advance!

Emby.log

post-242470-0-85806300-1508512944_thumb.png

kodi.log

post-242470-0-99750500-1508512945_thumb.png

post-242470-0-16897200-1508512947_thumb.png

post-242470-0-03791500-1508512948_thumb.png

post-242470-0-97881300-1508512948_thumb.png

Angelblue05

Thanks for providing all the info. I'll come back to you on this. I don't have issues viewing my photos library, but hopefully your log will give me a clue as to what is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
bolderbast

Hi, 

did you have time to look into this yet? (not meaning to push, just asking)

I updated to kodi 17.5 but the problem is still there.

If I need to provide more info, please let me know. Thanks!

Thanks for providing all the info. I'll come back to you on this. I don't have issues viewing my photos library, but hopefully your log will give me a clue as to what is wrong.

Angelblue05

Sorry, no. But I had checked your logs. I didn't see anything that would explain this. :/ I'm still trying to figure out what would cause it not to work (works for me).

bolderbast

Sorry, I didn't get around to creating the logs earlier. But here they are. :-)

I enable the checkbox at the top of the Log Files page in the Emby Server and I set the Emby Kodi addon log level to Debug.

The problem is between the server (donald) and the client (bolderbast).

By the way, in the mean time I have upgraded to:

• Emby Server: 3.2.34.0 (3.2.35.0 is not yet available in the Arch Linux repositories)
  • Kodi 17.5
  • Emby Addon for Kodi: 2.3.56

An the problem is still there.

Hope this helps!

kodi.log

emby.log

Edited by bolderbast
  • Like 1

bolderbast

I see the issue. Ok, I'll work on a fix tomorrow. Thank you for providing your log.

That would be amazing! :-)

Thanks in advance!

Angelblue05

Small update: To fix this is more complex than I thought. The reason it doesn't work is because of the naming of your photos folder. Anyway blah blah, back to making it work :) Will let you know when I have a build for you to test.

Edited by Angelblue05

bolderbast

Hi, thanks! I tested it, an now I see my folder structure and images. Yay! :-)

Just a quick question, though: For each folder I see a "0" in front it and behind it. I am unsure what they mean, is it correct that they all show "0"?

5a03ee29259da_20171109_064437_4.jpg

• Like 1

Angelblue05

What skin are you using? How are you accessing this? Via pictures? I use estuary and I do not see this whatsoever.

bolderbast

I'm using the Estuary skin.

I'm accessing this screen through: Add-ons -> Picture add-ons -> Emby -> "Foto's & Video's Patrick" -> "Foto's & Video's Patrick" (again). Then I have this screen:

5a09320cefc5b_20171113_063338_4.png

ViewType is set to "WideList".

I'm noticing now that the behaviour *has* changed! But only for the first folder "00 - Misc". Previously that also showed the "0" before and after the folder name, just like the rest of the folders shown above. So I believe you are in the right area to solve this!

UPDATE - The difference in the content of the folders is:

• 00 - Misc: Contains images directly in it, and contains subfolders with images
  • The rest: Only contains subfolders with images (no images directly in it, only in the subfolders)
Edited by bolderbast
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

I still can't reproduce this. :( I even replicated your data structure. 

Can you try adding a new folder at the same level as 2003, 2004, 2005... Maybe it's a cached issue? Hmm.

bolderbast

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I decided to reorganize (and recreate) my libraries and that took a while.

One of the changes is that I recreated the library containing my images. Figured that should also fix any caching issues. :-)

The library containing my images used to be of the "Pictures" type, but because that is no longer available in Emby Server, I now chose "Home videos & photos".

However, the new library shows no images again (with your latest 2.3.7a version), just like my initial problem. :-( I attached the debug log.

Could it be that the previous fix also needs to be applied for the "Home videos & photos" library type?

kodi.log