Trakt Plugin watched status updated but not Emby server

MRobi

@Angelblue05 

https://pastebin.com/ya8AzPRn

Tried new build,  plugin.video.emby-2.3.56aplayed first show reported play status to emby perfectly. Destination Truth - 1x01 - Iguanodon & R.I. Mermaid

Second show did not report to emby correctly at about 14:47:15 in the log. show name Wisdom of the Crowd - 1x04 - User Bias

I let it play for about 4 minutes and still no sign of it playing on emby dashboard, I stopped it and then started it once using resume and it then showed as playing on emby dashboard. 

Log posted above. 

Edited by elsker
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Yeah, there's no point in waiting, if it doesn't show up as soon as the video starts, then it failed to detect what is playing. I am still convinced it's a timing issue, maybe my retry is happening a little too quickly. I'll add a small delay.

seconf night of playing with this build, of 5 plays only the first one played up. It did not register as playing. Stopped and started once and it worked perfectly for rest of night. name of episode Destination Truth - 1x02 - Haunted Village & Naga played about 15:43 in the log. 

https://pastebin.com/pwvCwYdG

I had to trim the end of this log it was too big to post at pastebin but the error part is in there. 

P.S. this build has improved the results for me if not irradicated. I used to have to try restarting an epsisdoe multiple times to get it to work not it seems to work with one stop and restart,

Edited by elsker
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, give me a few minutes, I have a new build for you to test which includes a small sleep to make sure we don't retry too quickly. That should fully resolve the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Installed the new build was working ok then I noticed something, if you play an episode while the widgets are still updating the play status is not sent to emby. Once the widget is updated and the updating icons go away the play status is sent ok. I don't know if this was what was occurring all along or new behaviour. I repeated this several times and it seemed 100% repeatable. 

I only just noticed it and don't have any other skins installed I haven't used anything but Titan for a while, I will find another skin with next up widgets and play around with it a bit and let you know.

I think its a different issue though as the other issue was occuring even from the library views not just widgets. I am using the emby app next up and recently added widgets.   Here's the log if that is of any use. The show I tried to play was ST.Voyager.S04E23 at 23:25:53.

I know little about programming so I am loathe to comment on what I see in the log much but I noticed that the episode I watched previously which was a castle episode titles The Mistress Always Spanks Twice is showing up in the log after I tried to play ST.Voyager.S04E23, at 23:25:57. Is that normal?

I started and stopped ST.Voyager.S04E23 a couple of times thats when I noticed the widget was still updating and waited for it to stop and then it worked correctly, Then I stopped it and purposely started it while the widget was updating and it wouldn't work I tired this several times and got the same results. 

The widgets in the default skin just take you to the library folder for the show so I can't try it there. 

Maybe this is just my setup updating a little slow and me pressing play too fast? The original issue seemed to be ficed with this new build tentatively after one nights use. 

https://pastebin.com/xzkahneZ

Tried the Aeon Nox skin with the recommended episodes widget on and similar issues, with 3 episodes if played too early.

Castle - 2x17 - Tick, Tick, Tick... (1) - would register if I waited a bit after opening widget wouldn't register of I started it immediately.

The Practice - S07E19 - Les Is More - would register if I waited a bit after opening widget wouldn't register of I started it immediately.

ST.Voyager.S04E23 - same as above would register if I waited not if I played it too fast.

I switched around the episodes trying it about twice for each one with the same results in Titan skin and Aeon Nox

log below for the Aeon Nox errors.

https://pastebin.com/nPU37LNP

Angelblue05

I don't think it's something I'll be able to fix. If Kodi doesn't return information for the add-on then it will fail. So your solution is to be patient and wait for widgets to load.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

For now anyway. Otherwise you can always use add-on playback mode rather than native. This will 100% correct your issue because the add-on sets up playback instead of detecting what Kodi is playing.

You can switch that in the add-on settings > sync options. Then reset your local database.

• Like 1

Tried the Aeon Nox skin with the recommended episodes widget on and similar issues, with 3 episodes if played too early.

Castle - 2x17 - Tick, Tick, Tick... (1) - would register if I waited a bit after opening widget wouldn't register of I started it immediately.

The Practice - S07E19 - Les Is More - would register if I waited a bit after opening widget wouldn't register of I started it immediately.

ST.Voyager.S04E23 - same as above would register if I waited not if I played it too fast.

I switched around the episodes trying it about twice for each one with the same results in Titan skin and Aeon Nox

log below for the Aeon Nox errors.

https://pastebin.com/nPU37LNP

Out of curiosity, how long does it take your widgets to update? I use Aeon MQ7 and the update is usually just a quick flicker of the images and it's done.

• Like 2

@ it varies anywhere form 10-20 seconds I would think normally. I guess its related to size of library and quality of hardware.

@@Angelblue05 thank you for your responses I have changed to addon mode and that has as you said corrected the widget loading problem. I did a fresh install of kodi last week and I am thinking I had addon mode before that and went native by mistake this time. thanks!

• Like 1