DS216j doesn't go to sleep

Milli

Since I installed Emby (a couple days ago), my DS216j doesn't go to sleep anymore.

I read in a different thread here that other people had the same issue and that the problem was fixed in version 3.2.32.0. But I started with version 3.2.33.0 and I'm experiencing this issue.

Any solutions to this problem or is this a regression in the 3.2.33.0 package?

Same issue with me,  DS115 .... installed emby a week ago and ever since HDD hibernation hasn't worked.  i've gone through every troubleshooting help i could find related to this. prior to troubleshooting, hibernation wouldn't work at all, now on occasion it will hibernate for 5 - 15  minutes and then wake up for no apparent reason

Version 3.2.33.0

DSM 6.1.3 -1552 Update 8

Would really appreciate some help with this 

Thank you  

I've included yesterday's log.

I can't remember using Emby ... anyway, I was at work most of the day.

My NAS was running when I woke up, running when I went to work and still running when I came back from work.

Log.txt

Edited by Milli

ok here is a copy of my log

this most recent log includes lots of "Debug Dlna: Disposing device due to loss of connection" 

when i first started looking at this problem i didn't see this message at all... hmmm 

log.txt

Okay, I'll wait for the next release. Hopefully soon.

Just to add to Mifu's 'loss of connection' issues, my LG media player has almost no issues (only disconnected once) but my PS4 can't hold a connection to Emby.

Usually it disconnects within 5min.

I included the log of the day I tried a bit on my PS4.

Log.txt

Edited by Milli

solabc16

Hello @@Milli, @@Mifu

The latest release, 3.2.34.0, is now available for your platform.

Let us know how you get on.

If you still have issues with hibernation, please post your latest server log here.

Best

- James

Hi, the server isn't going into HDD hibernation like it used to before installing Emby server.

I have an LG TV and an onkyo network receiver connected on the network.

Thanks

solabc16

Hello @@Mifu

How are you getting on with debug logging turned off? Hibernation is not supported with this option enabled, as it will by its nature write more data to disk and keep them awake.

If you're still having problems, please post your most recent server log her along with the time at which you expected the system to hibernate the disks.

Best

- James

Hi

I've turned off debug logs and updated and it looks like it was hibernating again.  That said i'm still seeing the server stay on for far longer than expected.  I'm investigating exactly when it stays on to see if there is some pattern.  

Thanks heaps, and i'll keep you posted on the status. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Over the past week I've been checking everything I can in regards to the server not hibernating (It's still not hibernating correctly - ie it will occasionally hibernate for 10 minutes and then wake up randomly and stay on for several hours).

Over the week i had logs disabled and only switched them on again yesterday to provide you with more details. I'm attaching 2 of the most recent log files. 

If you can suggest anything I can check in regards to settings on my router, or settings within emby server or if there is anything within the synology os which could be affecting hibernation, that would be appreciated. I've checked all the setting on the server, that are linked to preventing HDD hibernation, and all were as they should be to enable hibernation.- at least to the best of my knowledge and research

the server is used very basically- ie to play media  via either the tv or network receiver - it doesn't do anything more fancy and all unnecessary applications have been uninstalled. 

I'm by means an expert but i'm pretty good with these sort of things, and right now I am completely flummoxed. 

My next step will be to uninstall emby to verify that it is indeed the cause of the problem, but I would prefer not to unless absolutely necessary. 

many thanks

0511.txt

0611.txt

While hibernation was still not as perfect as before I installed Emby (with v3.2.34), now with v.36 it's improved a bit further.

Instead of uninstalling Emby, try just stopping it.