can't work with android 4.4.2?

fcymk2

I have an IPTV box, running the system is android4.4.2

I download and run the apk "MediaBrowser.Mobile-googlearmv7-release.apk"

It display nothing, only black screen, run ok in my cellphone(android 6.0)

Is this running stock android or a custom rom?

This is a telecom operator's IPTV box, use a custom rom,  based on android 4.4.2, the display interface like android tv, .

Edited by fcymk2

• 3 weeks later...
echoxxzz

I can confirm that Emby hasn't ran properly on Android 4.4.2 since version 2.9.37. I have a Samsung Tablet that only supports 4.4.2 Kitkat. My solution was to get version 2.9.37 from Apkcake.com and disable auto updates.

I can confirm that Emby hasn't ran properly on Android 4.4.2 since version 2.9.37. I have a Samsung Tablet that only supports 4.4.2 Kitkat. My solution was to get version 2.9.37 from Apkcake.com and disable auto updates.

What is the problem you're having?

echoxxzz

So I updated to the latest Emby Mobile app for Android and some of the features that weren't working before are working now. These where mostly cosmetic bugs like missing buttons and text. 

The latest release is still super sluggish on my device, where as the 2.9.37 version is a lot more snappy. 

It appears as though no version of Emby Mobile supports hardware acceleration for HEVC video, as such there is periodic pixeling and freezes, although it's less noticeable in version 2.9.37.

It's odd that HEVC HW acceleration isn't supported because it is fully supported in MX Player and I assume in VLC for Android since I never get freezing or pixeling.

According to the "Stats for Nerds" screen Emby Mobile is using libvlc so I don't understand why there is no hw acceleration yet VLC for Android appears to be using hw acceleration.

I've pretty given up on the Emby Mobile app and I just use Emby HTTP5 in either Firefox or Chrome browser.

Everything plays properly and hevc videos are properly transcoded by the server, since neither browser is able to render hevc videos.

• 2 months later...