[SOLVED] Unable to install emby for kodi on fresh kodi install

Handl3vogn
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Handl3vogn

Hello,

After "emby for kodi" updated to 2.5.53 and 2.5.54 I have not been able to install this on a fresh install of kodi 17.4. (tried windows, linux and android).

I can add the repository and install but after the addon is installed I do not get the first time config popup where I put in my server ip and username.

I tried to go to settings in the emby plugin and config things like username and ip but it didn't help.

Existing client that where installed on 2.5.52 and earlier have updated to 2.5.54 and work like they should.

Edited by Handl3vogn

Got the same problem too, on a fresh install (sadly the first Kodi / Emby installation I ever made ^^)

Is there a possibility to try an older version?

Edited by umme

I installed libreelec on an amlogic device last weekend and it worked fine at first.

Yesterday I reinstalled the emby for kodi addon because I did not get library updates any more for some reason. After I reinstalled the addon, I did not get the setup wizard like usual. It didn't work with manual settings either.

I also had the same problem on an fresh (reinstall + delete userdata) windows (non windows store) version of Kodi two days ago.

I have two other computers running emby for kodi for a while now that are still working (have not tried to reinstalled either kodi or the addon on these).

Hi,

Same problem for me with latest version from the repo on kodi 17.4 fresh install on windows.

No first config popup and setting the server address manually does nothing.

Worked just fine with the 2.3.52 linked here.

Sorry i didn't log it, but if you think it could help, before i get too deep into setting up my new install, i can delete it and log the failed attempt with the latest plugin ver.

Cheers.

Angelblue05

I saw what the issue is in another log, I will correct later today. Thanks for reporting. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

• Solution
Angelblue05

Version 2.3.55 is on the way which should resolve this (if someone can confirm that).

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

I know why I could not reproduce this. The issue only happened when you had no server detected on your network. Anyway, glad we are back in business :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Handl3vogn

That can be it. Running my emby server from docker and has only opend one port for webui and turned of dlna/upnp and things like that.

Anyways got things setup on my Android TV and everything seems to work.
So again thanks for helping.

Edited by Handl3vogn
  • Like 1