WOL (magic packet) for ET clients

PrincessClevage

PrincessClevage

This FR is to have WOL (magic packet) intergrated into top three Emby remote clients (to start with) and ideally would wake Their default Emby server upon launch.

The servers Nic hosting Emby server would need to support WOL and magic packet (combination of WOL packet and Nics MAC address), there are many open source WOL apps that may get possibly be helpful with this FR.

I you would like to raise the priority of this FR please add your like to the original post.

• Like 6

darkassassin07

I definitely support this, would give me a legitimate reason to use the apps over the browser.

Though the problem with the android apps never disconnecting from the server would have to be fixed at the same time. Theres no point being able to wake a server that cant ever sleep because of malfunctioning apps

Edited by darkassassin07

PrincessClevage

I definitely support this, would give me a legitimate reason to use the apps over the browser.

Though the problem with the android apps never disconnecting from the server would have to be fixed at the same time. Theres no point being able to wake a server that cant ever sleep because of malfunctioning apps

From reading the Android threads I believe that Luke is attempting to address this. Please remember to like the original post to support this FR

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've got a 16 disk 50+TB server for Movies that I like to sleep when not in use.

Currently, I either have to have to keep it awake all the time or sleep it and if I want to watch something use a shortcut in Kodi or if using just the Emby app use a WOL app on my phone. 

If I'm not at home I have to vnc/teamviewer into the PC running Emby and use a WOL application to wake the server. If it's the wife or the kids they have to whatsapp me to do it.

I can't schedule a library scan because if the server is asleep it wipes all the content from the library that is on the server, so again I either have to leave it awake or do the whole, Kodi/WOL app/teamviewer thing when I want to run a scan.

Ideally, a setting for each path, if you select WOL for that path when you try to watch or scan it sends a WOL packet and waits a set amount of time and then tries to access it or scan for new content.

Edited by T800