91 replies to this topic

#41 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134225 posts
  • Local time: 06:34 AM

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:10 PM

If you look at what we're doing with android using libmpv, we're very interested in doing the same for our apple apps as well.

Have you tried the 11.2.5 beta in case it might make any difference?

• jscoys likes this

#42 dcrdev OFFLINE  

dcrdev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 846 posts
  • Local time: 11:34 AM
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:39 AM

I'd say you should be more than interested - that would likely solve most people's complaints with the app entirely.

11.2.2 has made this slightly worse fyi .

#43 jscoys OFFLINE  

jscoys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1183 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:46 PM

If you look at what we're doing with android using libmpv, we're very interested in doing the same for our apple apps as well.

Have you tried the 11.2.5 beta in case it might make any difference?

Ok @Luke Thx for considering us, sometimes we’re upset because of lack of visibility on what’s going on... sorry but don’t want to jailbreak my iPhone 10 for now... please just go ahead quickly to push the 11.2.5 in App Store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#44 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134225 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:49 PM

11.2.5 is the ios beta i'm referring to.

#45 jscoys OFFLINE  

jscoys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1183 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:57 PM

Oh sorry i mixed up everything...

#46 jscoys OFFLINE  

jscoys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1183 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:40 PM

@Luke, I know we already spoke about that, but can you focus on implementing your own video lib in the Emby iOS app that is not working at all for video playback instead of focusing on implement the MPV lib in the Emby android app that is not suffering from any issues today???

#47 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134225 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:41 PM

It is something that we're interested in, yes.

#48 jscoys OFFLINE  

jscoys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1183 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:19 PM

Hey @Luke there are several issues for the image size or position in the app when playing a movie on the iPhone 10... I would be glad to work on different reports/screenshots to help you in fixing all these issues BUT... if you think the playback issue (short jump backwards) won’t be fixed on your side (because I confirm that Apple doesn’t care apparently), I don’t want to waste my time for nothing you know, the playback being totally broken, I don’t see the benefits of improving the video size/position... let me know!

#49 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134225 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:25 PM

With the native player there's not much we can do as it is a platform defect, so it's just a matter of waiting. We are very interested in embedding a more robust video player such as libmpv or libvlc.

#50 jscoys OFFLINE  

jscoys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1183 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:35 PM

With the native player there's not much we can do as it is a platform defect, so it's just a matter of waiting. We are very interested in embedding a more robust video player such as libmpv or libvlc.

Do you think you can do it soon? It’s not to annoy you, but I love the iOS app, and it’s so hard to not be able to finish the complete workflow from selecting to playing the video and having to go through Aloha app on iOS that embed its own video player. So... please.... help!

#51 dcrdev OFFLINE  

dcrdev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 846 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:14 AM

I think @jscoys put it very nicely in a previous post, that is to say why concentrate on improvements for one platform (Android) that works perfectly well when another is completely broken.

This issue affects iOS 11 and the latest statistics show that uptake of iOS 11 has now surpassed 65% https://www.phonedog...tion-65-percent . I think it's not really fair to those who are new to Emby and use predominately Apple devices, it's not made apparent anywhere before they buy that playback is completely broken and likely will continue to be until a point in time when/if Apple decides to push a fix.

#52 mythofechelon OFFLINE  

mythofechelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Local time: 10:34 AM

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:09 PM

I think @jscoys put it very nicely in a previous post, that is to say why concentrate on improvements for one platform (Android) that works perfectly well when another is completely broken.

This issue affects iOS 11 and the latest statistics show that uptake of iOS 11 has now surpassed 65% https://www.phonedog...tion-65-percent . I think it's not really fair to those who are new to Emby and use predominately Apple devices, it's not made apparent anywhere before they buy that playback is completely broken and likely will continue to be until a point in time when/if Apple decides to push a fix.

Exactly.

I just switched to Plex. I haven't looked back once. 

#53 jscoys OFFLINE  

jscoys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1183 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:54 PM

@Luke any news on this? What are your developments to implement your custom video player in the iOS app? Can we help in testing something?

#54 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134225 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:56 PM

We are interested in incorporating something such as a libMpv or libVlc in a future release. Thanks !

#55 mythofechelon OFFLINE  

mythofechelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Local time: 10:34 AM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:24 PM

To be totally honest Luke, I think people are sick of hearing that you're "interested" in fixing this major problem.

#56 iBoss OFFLINE  

iBoss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Local time: 01:34 PM

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:44 AM

Same problem here :(

Any update?

Thanks

#57 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46015 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:14 AM

To be totally honest Luke, I think people are sick of hearing that you're "interested" in fixing this major problem.

We are very sorry but this isn't our problem - it is a platform defect and completely replacing our playback engine in order to work around someone else's bug just isn't something that is easily done.  It also doesn't guarantee that won't introduce other issues or drawbacks.

Thank you for your patience.

#58 dcrdev OFFLINE  

dcrdev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 846 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:57 AM

We are very sorry but this isn't our problem - it is a platform defect and completely replacing our playback engine in order to work around someone else's bug just isn't something that is easily done.  It also doesn't guarantee that won't introduce other issues or drawbacks.

Thank you for your patience.

I beg to differ you wouldn't sell kitchen sink installation to areas with no running water would you? You're selling a product to people under the premise that it is able to do x, y and z - if it's not able to do x,y and z then that is absolutely your problem! You should make a commitment to do something/anything to rectify the situation, or you should pull it from the app store so that people aren't able to spend money on something that isn't fit for purpose.

Edited by dcrdev, 15 February 2018 - 08:57 AM.

#59 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46015 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:00 AM

I beg to differ you wouldn't sell kitchen sink installation to areas with no running water would you? You're selling a product to people under the premise that it is able to do x, y and z - if it's not able to do x,y and z then that is absolutely your problem! You should make a commitment to do something/anything to rectify the situation, or you should pull it from the app store so that people aren't able to spend money on something that isn't fit for purpose.

If this problem made the app completely unusable for everyone then I would agree but that is not my understanding of the problem.

And, again, to be fair, what happened was someone cut off the water long after we designed, built and installed the sink :).

#60 legallink OFFLINE  

legallink

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 1205 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:04 PM

If my experience is similar to others, I didn't have the problem but then in the last couple of weeks it started.  Oddly, it isn't all the time, for instance never during live tv, but does happen when streaming movies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users