Recording back to back shows on the same channel

legallink

legallink

I've encountered an issue where shows on the same channel scheduled to be back to back are not recording correctly.

In specific, I've got 2 shows (say one at 9am and one at 10am) scheduled to both record 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after, which means you have a 10 minute overlap.  My recordings didn't fail, but one started after the other finished, which means that the one really didn't record correctly.

Expected? Any way to combat this?

maegibbons

I've encountered an issue where shows on the same channel scheduled to be back to back are not recording correctly.

In specific, I've got 2 shows (say one at 9am and one at 10am) scheduled to both record 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after, which means you have a 10 minute overlap.  My recordings didn't fail, but one started after the other finished, which means that the one really didn't record correctly.

Expected? Any way to combat this?

If you are using HDHR and recording directly within emby then NO this is not expected.  Generally this works perfectly as Emby automatically shares the tuned Channel to both recording streams.

If you are using other recording methods then the answer will be different.

More detail needed.

krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons