German Emby for alexa

newby

Hello,

i am a german user. 

Emby server is fully integrated in our house. Each room has its own player. Now we want to equip each room with Amazon Echo and, of course, also control the Emby server with it.

do you  see a chance to bring emby skill in german?

regards Tom

We would like to have a German skill for emby. Can we help translate the skill in German? I have no idea how to program such a skill.

Edited by newby
  • Like 1

Thank you for your reply. Hope dies last. It would be a great enrichment.

Tom

Edited by newby

• 1 month later...
CrazyCatologist

Are there any updates here?

Or is there any way to help you out here? I'm a developer myself, so I could probably help out here to get this Skill out for German Alexa Users.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

i am a german user. 

Emby server is fully integrated in our house. Each room has its own player. Now we want to equip each room with Amazon Echo and, of course, also control the Emby server with it.

do you  see a chance to bring emby skill in german?

regards Tom

We would like to have a German skill for emby. Can we help translate the skill in German? I have no idea how to program such a skill.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Angelblue05

I've been reworking the model for both Alexa and Google Home to accommodate a few changes. It will also make it a bit easier to translate. Thanks for your patience, I'll make a post when ready to be translated.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
DayDreamer85

Happy New year to all. I hope we can help to translate this soon. Maby you can give us an outlook on the question: How long we must wait for it?

We're going as fast as we can and hopefully we'll be able to add it soon. Thanks for the feedback.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
DayDreamer85

That's the think why I asked for the Roadmap. I can not belive that they will work on it in the near future at the moment. That's the same like the Plugin for Trailers. Where is the German support? I start to understand the people who tell me that they only use emby for the DB and for the rest Kodi.

• Like 1

LiaraAlis

Transparency is extremely important. I would like to see a public roadmap, so that people have an idea of when which feature is likely to be released.

So we have no idea which features will come in the future and which not.

I'm very disappointed about the fact that the alexa skill is not available in Germany. On the emby website this is a featured function with emby premiere, but there is no information about that the skill is currently not available in Germany. Please do not leave us standing in the rain and give us an approximate time (e.g. an indication in which quarter the release is planned).

Edited by LiaraAlis
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
LiaraAlis

@Luke Since your last response to this topic, another one and a half year passed away and we get no information about a release or available beta for german yet. You have also not said whether and how you can be supported in this.

This is very frustrating. This topic was opened in October 2017. Nothing happens in the last 3 and a half years!

• Agree 3