SHIELD Experience Upgrade 6.0

CBers

mastrmind11

Try creating a custom routine that runs "open emby on [your device]" by saying something else.  When I say "let's watch a movie", the lights go off, the tv and external amps turn on, and emby pops up.  This of course assumes you've got google home set up.  works flawlessly.

Edited by mastrmind11

speedingcheetah

GA only hear MB....I have had 4 family members try saying it. ...no luck. Google can not hear or understand Emby,

speedingcheetah

Did you try what mastrmind11 suggested?

What? I don't see any suggestion...other than setup a Routine...dont know what that is? And i do not have a Google Homepod thing...i just 2 phones and the built in Google Assistant (isnt that the Google Home) in the Shield.  why need a standalone device when GA in 3 devices already around me??

They all transcribe Emby as MB, even with my mother and Grandparents. My cowoker just tried on his phone "Download Emby"  It did Download MB". 

Yall really chose a name for yur software that voice AI's sure can't use....lolz.

Edited by speedingcheetah

I think Luke meant this phrase instead:

Only "Open Emby for Android TV" works for me. "Open Emby" doesn't work.  It is always recognized as "Open envy", but when I add "for Android TV" is recognized as "Open Emby for Android TV".

This is how I pronounce Emby;

https://www.howtopronounce.com/emby/

"Open Emby for Android TV" is the only command it works for me. For example "Play Avengers on Emby for Android TV" is correctly recognized, but It opens youtube with videos of Avengers.

I'm afraid there is nothing we can do about Google's ability to discern the difference between "Emby" and "MB" except, maybe, if enough people tell them about it.