Scheduled recordings aren't recording

Guest asrequested

Guest asrequested

A quick follow up question: by "remove live TV setup" does this just entail removing the tuner and clearing schedules direct information or is there more to it?

I will do it this weekend. Planning to update my hdhomerun firmware and do anything in the home run setup first (pare out useless garbage channels). Then on to Emby.

That's what I did, last night. I deleted the tuners, deleted the SD info. The guide refresh ran, I assume it was clearing itself. I ran a full library scan, then added everything back in. The nice thing is that all my schedules were retained on the server. I'll see how things go.

You may also want to rescan your channels in the HDHR software.

Edited by Doofus

If the schedules were retained then nothing has actually changed. As I don't really want to have to troubleshoot this that's why it's easier for me to just say new installations only.

Or rather, it's OK that the schedules were retained, but the recordings should all fail. If the recordings succeed then nothing has actually changed.

If the schedules were retained then nothing has actually changed. As I don't really want to have to troubleshoot this that's why it's easier for me to just say new installations only.

Hey Luke, it's ok from my perspective. I'm fine with nuking and rebuilding Emby. From scratch. It's worth the hour or whatever. So, uninstall Emby, with the leave no traces option (does this exist.. can't remember?) Then install a new, enter premier key, define libraries, then finally set up live TV?

Spaceboy

We generate internal channel id's based on channel numbers + names coming from the tuner. Unfortunately this means that if the tuner name changes at all, then it's basically a whole new channel and all existing relationships are lost.

Going forward, internal channel id's are based solely on the number coming from the tuner, however this cannot be easily changed for existing setups without loss of data, so that is why it only applies to new setups going forward.

hurrah! This should finally fix the problem of updating iptv listings?

Guest asrequested

I'll have to see if the recordings fail, then I'll report back. All the shows are still in the schedule, so maybe it didn't work. If it doesn't, a server rebuild will happen :)

Spaceboy
bungee91

The only item I'd want to backup is my current users, is that possible (and fix this issue with a "new" install)?

The rest can be a completely new install, but having to send out new invitations for Connect users to link to the server and setting their passwords would be unfortunate.

I'm fine with waiting as well if a .NET Core release will be released in a Docker version in the near future, as I'd assume a new install would likely be preferred at that point (trying to not do this multiple times).

Last night I tried removing the tuner and schedules direct information, then I updated the silicondust firmware to the latest one, disabled junk channels, then added tuner and SD info back in.

Interestingly this process did not remove the list of series I told it to record, but the refreshed schedule didn't show any upcoming scheduled recordings for these series. I deleted the series recording entries and re established them; now the episodes are scheduled to record again.

I interpret this as success for this process as the mismatch in the old series recording list and the new channel lineup etc suggests I "did something."

Guest asrequested

Last night I tried removing the tuner and schedules direct information, then I updated the silicondust firmware to the latest one, disabled junk channels, then added tuner and SD info back in.

Interestingly this process did not remove the list of series I told it to record, but the refreshed schedule didn't show any upcoming scheduled recordings for these series. I deleted the series recording entries and re established them; now the episodes are scheduled to record again.

I interpret this as success for this process as the mismatch in the old series recording list and the new channel lineup etc suggests I "did something."

It will fail, again. What you're describing with remaking the schedule, I have experienced several times. It works for a while, then one day they just stop recording. That's why I said 'again' in the OP.

It will fail, again. What you're describing with remaking the schedule, I have experienced several times. It works for a while, then one day they just stop recording. That's why I said 'again' in the OP.

Hopefully, not.

The re-setup should now be using the more stable version of channel names from the HDHomeRun, which now shouldn't change unless something major happens.

But we'll see. I'll watch this stuff like a hawk.

adrianwi

Not sur if this is related, but when I click the Schedule menu it doesn’t display anything even though I have series links that have shows today.

I’d tried the steps above (remove tuner and guide and rescan guide and library info before adding everything back and rescanning guide) but still nothing in schedule.

Manual recording works fine.

Any ideas?

Not sur if this is related, but when I click the Schedule menu it doesn’t display anything even though I have series links that have shows today.

I’d tried the steps above (remove tuner and guide and rescan guide and library info before adding everything back and rescanning guide) but still nothing in schedule.

Manual recording works fine.

Any ideas?

Remove the series recording and recreate it based on the shows existing in the refreshed schedule.
  • Like 1

adrianwi

Remove the series recording and recreate it based on the shows existing in the refreshed schedule.

Yep, thanks sorted it!  Thanks.

I'm going to wipe the server, today. I think it will be a good thing all around.

I'm close to doing this. Are you backing anything up for a restore or will you do a complete manual reconfiguration? It has been a while since I started from scratch. Even my new server last Xmas was restored using the backup utility.

Guest asrequested

I really think you guys will have this problem, again. I've done what you've done, several times. After a few months, it fails again. That's why I'm following Luke's suggestion of a new install.

I'm close to doing this. Are you backing anything up for a restore or will you do a complete manual reconfiguration? It has been a while since I started from scratch. Even my new server last Xmas was restored using the backup utility.

My entire server is backed up, but I'm not going to restore, anything. I want everything, clean.

• Like 1

adrianwi

My install was done during the week, although I did mount it back to the emby-server folder from the previous installation.

Would this still need to be rebuilt and can you reuse user data?

Guest asrequested

My install was done during the week, although I did mount it back to the emby-server folder from the previous installation.

Would this still need to be rebuilt and can you reuse user data?

If you did a clean install, you should be fine.

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

I've completely reinstalled the server and my schedules are up and running. Hopefully, my schedules will stick, now.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

This is only applicable hdhomerun. I do not believe there is any issue with that for iptv.

so @@Luke any thought on whether this will fix the similar problem with iptv?