Scheduled recordings aren't recording

Guest asrequested

Guest asrequested

This has happened before. I have a show scheduled to record, but in the guide it isn't marked to record and therefore doesn't record. I have to remake my schedules....again! I found two shows, already. I'm not sure a server log will help, but I'll attach one, anyway.

59c88fd50b26a_Snapshot_228.jpg

59c8903be6424_Snapshot_227.jpg

59c890557deb9_Snapshot_229.jpg

Guest asrequested

This won't happen anymore with new installations, fyi.

So I have to have a new installation? Or is this taken care of in the next release? This is the stable not beta server

bungee91

So I have to have a new installation? Or is this taken care of in the next release? This is the stable not beta server

I've been bitten by this same issue multiple times, and would like to know if this is required or not.

If it is "new" can we restore some previously backed up settings, or not even that?

maegibbons

This won't happen anymore with new installations, fyi.

How "new" does the installation have to be?  from what version number?

Krs

Mark

I setup a couple test recordings (of prime time shows) the week before last, and they didn't record -- so looks like I am seeing this bug too (or at least was at one time).

Edited by bcm00re

Watching thread for answer... I've been stung too.

Actually no, your issue is unrelated. Yours is happening due to absence of guide data.

Actually no, your issue is unrelated. Yours is happening due to absence of guide data.

This week, correct. But I've had the problem described here in the past I believe.

Luke, do we need to reinstall the server?

Surprised Luke didn't reply to you (but did reply to someone else in this thread).  Maybe he is still investigating?

Guest asrequested

Please detail your process and results!

Sure, but as for results, it may be months. This issue seems to happen every few months. I have reported it before. I should dig that post up. I've remade all my schedules, so for now, it's working.

Edited by Doofus

Sure, but as for results, it may be months. This issue seems to happen every few months. I have reported it before. I should dig that post up.

I've reported such things in the past too, mostly last winter/spring.

Glad to hear Luke's confidence in the solution. I'm sure he will be along to tell us specifically how to sort it out (simple update or wipe settings and reinstall fresh).

We generate internal channel id's based on channel numbers + names coming from the tuner. Unfortunately this means that if the tuner name changes at all, then it's basically a whole new channel and all existing relationships are lost.

Going forward, internal channel id's are based solely on the number coming from the tuner, however this cannot be easily changed for existing setups without loss of data, so that is why it only applies to new setups going forward.

We generate internal channel id's based on channel numbers + names coming from the tuner. Unfortunately this means that if the tuner name changes at all, then it's basically a whole new channel and all existing relationships are lost.

Going forward, internal channel id's are based solely on the number coming from the tuner, however this cannot be easily changed for existing setups without loss of data, so that is why it only applies to new setups going forward.

So, wipe Emby, set up as if new not using a backup? Perfectly willing to do this to improve reliability. I've had that tuner name change issue and don't want to get bit by it again. Please clarify steps. Thanks Luke well done.

So, wipe Emby, set up as if new not using a backup? Perfectly willing to do this to improve reliability. I've had that tuner name change issue and don't want to get bit by it again. Please clarify steps. Thanks Luke well done.

You can also completely remove your live tv setup, refresh the guide, run a library scan, then add it back.

Please note, this is completely unrelated to your current predicament of missing guide data.

Guest asrequested

Ah, OK this is making sense. I periodically run a channel scan in the HDHR software, because of channel lineup changes.

So Luke, do we have to wipe the server, completely and reinstall, to correct this? I just need to know, so I can do it.

You can also completely remove your live tv setup, refresh the guide, run a library scan, then add it back.

Please note, this is completely unrelated to your current predicament of missing guide data.

Ok. Will do this weekend . And understood it's not related to yesterday's data loss in guide. Fortunately I got the guide data back eventually so I'm feeling good that if I do what you have advised here, the issues I reported last winter/ spring will resolve. Yea.

maegibbons

So at what version did this change?  I have just done a recent net core install.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

A quick follow up question: by "remove live TV setup" does this just entail removing the tuner and clearing schedules direct information or is there more to it?

I will do it this weekend. Planning to update my hdhomerun firmware and do anything in the home run setup first (pare out useless garbage channels). Then on to Emby.