Server Freeze During Offline Sync

darrenkdean

darrenkdean

Good Morning,

I am experiencing an issue where overnight, the Emby Server goes unresponsive.  I can no longer putty into the server & Emby is no longer accessible.  At the terminal itself, the keyboard & mouse are unresponsive as well.  The machine has to be turned off & back on again to come back up.  The Emby Server is hosted on Ubuntu Server OS.

We experienced a similar issue due to plugins when we first cut over to Emby Server, which was resolved by removing all the plug ins.  The common denominator now, is that this only appears to occur when I add a large queue of Movies & TV Shows for offline sync.  When we travel, it is not uncommon before a long flight, for us to add movies/tv shows for offline sync to a Fire HD 8 tablet with a 200 gb sd card.  Absent adding a large queue, this issue does not occur.

The Emby Server itself has "local" useable storage & also has access to storage on a local network file server.  Content is stored & pulled from both, depending on what it is.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this or what my be occurring?

Best-

Darren

Last Log Before Unresponsive, server-63641808000.txt

Edited by darrenkdean

darrenkdean

Update: I took a deeper look at the device itself.  The 200 GB SD card on the Fire HD 8 tablet has been filled with only 200 MB free space remaining.

Not sure if this is what is causing it or contributing to it, but as of this morning, I can't seem to get the Emby Server to stay up longer than 5 to 10 minutes at a time.

As always, greatly appreciate you all!

Best-

Darren

Edited by darrenkdean