Pause from the web app not working on the Fire or the Shield.

Gilgamesh_48
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Gilgamesh_48

This is fixed in the latest beta for both apps.  Thanks.

I installed the beta on my Shield and the pause is functioning as it should. 

I will be requesting to join the Fire's beta shortly. I have my Rokus, which have both the regular and the beta apps installed, as a backup in case anything goes wrong. with the betas on my Shield and/or my Fire.

Gilgamesh_48

After some false starts (my fault not anyone else's) I have the beta app installed on my Fire TV. It says it is ver 3.2.31.0 in case I am mistaken about the install. It also has an orange corner that says "Test"

I regret to report that the pause from the web app does NOT pause the playback on the Fire.

So now I can say:

It now works on the Roku beta.

It now works on the Shield beta.

It does not work on the Fire beta.

I hope that helps someone a bit.

After some false starts (my fault not anyone else's) I have the beta app installed on my Fire TV. It says it is ver 3.2.31.0 in case I am mistaken about the install. It also has an orange corner that says "Test"

I regret to report that the pause from the web app does NOT pause the playback on the Fire.

So now I can say:

It now works on the Roku beta.

It now works on the Shield beta.

It does not work on the Fire beta.

I hope that helps someone a bit.

That's the version of the server you are using (it should have the server name in front of it).  Over on the right side of the settings page it should say "Version: xxxx" and the app version number.

You probably are not on the latest version of the app on your Fire TV (Amazon is slow delivering all over the world) which is 1.4.52a.

Gilgamesh_48

That's the version of the server you are using (it should have the server name in front of it).  Over on the right side of the settings page it should say "Version: xxxx" and the app version number.

You probably are not on the latest version of the app on your Fire TV (Amazon is slow delivering all over the world) which is 1.4.52a.

Old eyes do not always see the entire screen. Sometimes they do not even see what is right in front of them. The settings show that I have version 1.4.51a on my Fire which looks to be a version behind. Problem explained.

I am in the southeast central US. How long should it take for Amazon to get the correct release out to me. Rough estimate, I know you do not control Amazon. Or do you?  :rolleyes:

Gilgamesh_48

After talking to a friend of mine that is about as close to an Amazon Fire expert as I know. I have removed and reinstalled the Emby beta and now I am at 1.4.52a.

I was told that sometimes on the Fire an app meant to "replace" another, as the beta app is meant to replace the regular one, just gets stuck and simply reinstalls the one it is meant to replace. I do not know if that is true or not and I have no way to verify what actually caused the beta app to correctly install. 

It does not really matter much as I now have the beta app on my Fire.

I can also report that the pause from the web app now works with my Fire.