Amazon Fire Stick, asking to unlock even tho its already unlocked

Drazgo

As subject states: was using Emby on Firestick for quite awhile when it asked to unlock for payment.

Did so, worked fine for a night and now asking to unlock again. Went through payment screen a second time. It said I already own the app (I know, thx Amazon).

So... what do I do now? Can see my local content but cannot access.

TIA!

I have the exact same issue this morning.

I also tried to send logs to developer, but the app responds with "Unable to send report. Try again later"

Emby Premier shows as licensed on the server, and I have also purchased the license from Amazon to "unlock the app"

Kids are getting restless!! :)

edit - I forgot to add that I did a factory reset on the Android TV box also.

thanks!

Edited by Smales

I also tried to send logs to developer, but the app responds with "Unable to send report. Try again later"

That indicates that your device is being blocked from accessing the internet.  Please check your router settings and let us know what you find.  Thanks.

As subject states: was using Emby on Firestick for quite awhile when it asked to unlock for payment.

Did so, worked fine for a night and now asking to unlock again. Went through payment screen a second time. It said I already own the app (I know, thx Amazon).

So... what do I do now? Can see my local content but cannot access.

TIA!

This is a little more puzzling if you actually purchased the unlock as opposed to being an Emby Premiere subscriber because the device caches that information locally.

Can you send a log from the app? (instructions below)

How to Report a Problem

Just sent logs from firestick, cheers!

Hi.  Did you actually enter the app and cause the problem?  I don't see any actual interaction in the log.

Can you tell me exactly what it is denying you access to?

That indicates that your device is being blocked from accessing the internet.  Please check your router settings and let us know what you find.  Thanks.

I was able to download the Emby app after the device reset, so assumed that I had internet available? I have played videos from youtube from the device no problem previously.

I will double check my firewall when I get the chance tomorrow...

I was able to download the Emby app after the device reset, so assumed that I had internet available? I have played videos from youtube from the device no problem previously.

I will double check my firewall when I get the chance tomorrow...

It could be blocking specific or unknown sites.  We have seen this in the past.  The site it would be trying to access is mb3admin.com.

Thanks.

It could be blocking specific or unknown sites.  We have seen this in the past.  The site it would be trying to access is mb3admin.com.

Thanks.

ebr - you are correct, my firewall was blocking mb3admin.com - it was labelled as a Parked Domain. I will unblock it and see if my wife can manage to send logs out to you.

59bf080083be3_embyblock.png

Hi. Did you actually enter the app and cause the problem? I don't see any actual interaction in the log.

Can you tell me exactly what it is denying you access to?

Just turned on debug and went thru process and resent the logs.

When it pops up it asks to either subscribe to emby premiere or unlock app or cancel. The subscribe button briefly pops up with a 6.49 a month price then shows "null" for the price. When I select the unlock app it takes me through the process until it says I already owm this app.

ebr - you are correct, my firewall was blocking mb3admin.com - it was labelled as a Parked Domain. I will unblock it and see if my wife can manage to send logs out to you.

59bf080083be3_embyblock.png

Unblocking the site allowed Emby to play video again, but now it is closing out every 30 seconds....Sorry Drazgo I will go hijack someone elses thread now!

Unblocking the site allowed Emby to play video again, but now it is closing out every 30 seconds....Sorry Drazgo I will go hijack someone elses thread now!

Update to 1.4.51.

When it pops up it asks to either subscribe to emby premiere or unlock app or cancel. 

Exactly what were you doing when "it pops up"?

Have you done something with your network configuration to re-route requests to our domain?

I'm having the same problem as OP.  I just purchased the "unlock" for the Emby app on my FIre TV.  It was working fine after the initial purchase but then when I tried later to use the app as soon as I tried to play something I got the prompted that playback wasn't supported and I needed to purchase again.  I went through the unlock prompts util I got to the "You already own this item" message from Amazon.

I just reproduced this and sent debug logs.

I'm having the same problem as OP.  I just purchased the "unlock" for the Emby app on my FIre TV.  It was working fine after the initial purchase but then when I tried later to use the app as soon as I tried to play something I got the prompted that playback wasn't supported and I needed to purchase again.  I went through the unlock prompts util I got to the "You already own this item" message from Amazon.

I just reproduced this and sent debug logs.

Hi.  This looks like the same kind of thing.  Your server is reporting that it is Premiere but further validation of that appears to be failing.

Have you subscribed to Premiere or did you in the past and it has expired or something?

Hey sorry for late reply, I'll post step by step with screen caps later today, been a hectic week!

Hi. Same questions as above for you.  Thanks.

Hi.  This looks like the same kind of thing.  Your server is reporting that it is Premiere but further validation of that appears to be failing.

Have you subscribed to Premiere or did you in the past and it has expired or something?

Hi. Same questions as above for you.  Thanks.

I've purchased several clients over the last few years as well as a couple of iterations of emby... so not sure to be honest.  Here is what my server is showing:

59c6c7660aa8d_923201744038PM.jpg

I've never had Premiere.  I'm pretty new to Emby, only been using it for a couple weeks to evaluate it against Plex.  I purchased the Fire TV app to see how well it works on it since it's my primary playback device.  I wanted to see how well it works before committing to  Premiere.

So if the Premeire check is failing, shouldn't it then check if the App was purchased/unlocked through Amazon?

I have Emby Premiere and I unlocked the Emby app on Amazon. I included a picture of the screen I get when trying to watch live TV.  Using the Emby plugin(Version 3.2.30.0) on FreeNAS.

post-38298-0-60724600-1506205403_thumb.jpg

Edited by riccote

I've purchased several clients over the last few years as well as a couple of iterations of emby... so not sure to be honest.  Here is what my server is showing:

59c6c7660aa8d_923201744038PM.jpg

On the Emby Premiere page, does it show a key and that it is valid?

Are you using our official release of Emby Server?

I've never had Premiere.  I'm pretty new to Emby, only been using it for a couple weeks to evaluate it against Plex.  I purchased the Fire TV app to see how well it works on it since it's my primary playback device.  I wanted to see how well it works before committing to  Premiere.

So if the Premeire check is failing, shouldn't it then check if the App was purchased/unlocked through Amazon?

If you go to the "Emby Premiere" page on your server, what is there?

The problem is when we ask the server if you are Premiere it is telling us "yes".  We need to get to the bottom of how that is happening.

Are you using the official server downloaded from our web site?

I have Emby Premiere and I unlocked the Emby app on Amazon. I included a picture of the screen I get when trying to watch live TV. 

If you have Premiere, you don't need to unlock the app.

Are you connected to your server and the key is installed properly on it when this happens?  

If you have Premiere, you don't need to unlock the app.

Are you connected to your server and the key is installed properly on it when this happens?  

I am connected remotely, I can play media from the server(FreeNAS plugin).  

post-38298-0-40527500-1506264887_thumb.png

Edited by riccote