Emby Plugin FreeNAS

wolverine79936

wolverine79936

Alrighty. Having some issues with FreeNAS at the moment. Their plugin has suddenly stopped functioning as advertised. I can't turn it on, can't upgrade or anything useful. However, oddly enough, even with the plugin turned off, it still works like it is on.

Anyway, my main issue tonight is the hide/next screen towards the end of a video... Is there anyway to disable this feature...? No matter how many times I click on hide, it just continues on to the next show and I can never see the end of the one that I am currently watching.

hi @@wolverine79936, click your user icon in the top right hand corner of the screen. Then explore the playback settings to find what you're looking for. Let us know if this helps.

Also can you please elaborate on this:

I can't turn it on, can't upgrade or anything useful. 

Thanks !

wolverine79936

Alright. Here is what I am talking about... On my FreeNAS Control panel, when I click the off toggle to turn the emby plugin on, it just tells me that there was an error and then turns itself back off. And when I got to update it, which it won't let me do now, it turns around and tells me that there is a middleware error and then the update never completes. :(

59b6a7cc37c3a_embynoturnon.png

I forgot, I have no clue what to do at this point, obviously. If this were windows, I would just uninstall the service and then reinstall it, but I'm afraid that if I uninstall the emby plugin, it will take the jail with it which is where all my videos are stored and I don't have the time to replace all of them. There's well over a thousand videos on my server at this point. :|

Edited by wolverine79936

josh4trunks

@@wolverine79936

I recommend you dont use jails to store your files. you should store files on a seperate dataset you can snapshot and potentially backup, then mount this dataset into the jail.

i recommend you...

* create a dataset

* copy the video files from your jail into that dataset

* stop emby

* delete the video files existing in the jail

* mount the dataset tou created to the same location youe video files existed in the jail

* start emby

as for not being able to make changes through the freenas gui. the middleware error does effect alot of people, including myself. i recommend you do the following...

* edit the jails setting - disable VIMAGE, and assign a network interface to the jail

* restart the jail

* check if rhe plugin functions now work properly

mrvirtual

@wolverine79936

I run the plugin on Freenas, I have the media an a SMB share and use the Freenas Jails interface to mount the media to /mnt/media.

Then when you create your media library you use the alternate path option to add a UNC to \\IP.Of.Free.Nas\Share\PathToFiles\...

This way removing a Jail will not remove you data.

With the service status under the plugin, as the plugin is essentially a Jail, just use the Jails option to manage it, Mine says off like yours but the Jail is running and I can control the power state of the Jail via Jails, not plugin's. perhaps a bit of a bug in how the Freenas plugins page is managing jails?

***Update***

That Service Status button is not the power state of the Jail, but the status of the Emby Service inside the Jail (service emby-server status), just playing with it and discovered it! It stops on me all the time.. I usually manage Emby-Server form the command line using Putty, to restart and update etc. only just now seeing the Update plugin, being a nerd I default to the command line.. with a command: pkg install emby-server install, this does not update Emby now, but your screen shot shows Emby server at 3.2.30, mins is at 3.2.26 on the plugin but 3.2.27 emby server.

Does using the freenas update option blat the Jail or just update Emby I wonder?

Edited by mrvirtual