Qnap 459 Pro+ won't Boot

avshmu
Go to solution Solved by PenkethBoy,

Hi,

Needed to restart my Qnap 459 Pro+, today,

System shut down, but while booting, the screen shows: "System Booting >>>".

Everything, including the drives was okay before the restart. Now I have no access the NAS at all.

I shut the NAS down and removed the drives -- still doesn't work.

Qfinder Pro recognize the NAS, but double clicking, I get a response that it can't connect.

Please can you direct me to a way to resolve this issue

Thanks,

avshmu

Have shut down the Qnap and removed it from the mains for about a minute. The system finally booted up and became accessible.

Rebooted, again, using the NAS web interface -- system refuses to finish the process...

Is there a way to revive the system?

Maybe reset the NAS to defaults without losing the data stored in its Raid 5 configuration?

Will I need to remove the drives, and will the data become accessible once the drives are back in the enclosure?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Edited by avshmu

PenkethBoy

Failed rebooting has been an issue in the past for some NAS's - may 853a does it if its been up a long time - i just leave it for 20-30 mins then do a hard shut down because the disks are inactive and it comes back up fine - i only do this every 6 months or so.

Depends on your firmware version as well as the nas type

Go to the qnap forum you will get more knowledgeable help and you can search for the issue - which i would do first

Be specific if you post with nas type, firmware version and the date of the firmware and describe fully the problem

Good Luck

• Like 1

Thanks for your response, PenkethBoy.

By the way, what do you mean by Hard Shut-Down? Do you mean unplugging the power, while the drive in ON? Or, shut down via the on-device menu or through the web interface?

Thanks again.

• Solution
PenkethBoy

hold power button for a few seconds and it will power off - dont do if the disks are spun up or being accessed

when this happens to me thats why i leave it for 20-30 minutes before i do it - it obvious the disks are not being used

its caused by something stopping the final unmount of the disks - but as i have them set to spindown after 10 minutes they will be down when i press the button - not ideal but you will wait for ever otherwise

Spend a good bit of time reading the qnap forums there is lots of good info - some bad - you need to educate yourself on how to use your qnap - ask questions and you will get answers - be specific and detailed as you can - likely to get more of a response that way :)

See ya there - although i am called something else  :P

Edited by PenkethBoy
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We have a new QNAP package available for testing:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/51334-new-qnap-package-for-testing/

Unlike the current package in the QNAP community, this is built by the Emby Team and will be tested and supported by us. It is also built with the new .NET Core runtime from Microsoft, which has major performance improvements over the mono runtime used by the community package. 

Please try it out if interested in helping us test it. Thanks !