Dvr post-process script failing on call - debian

ShotToTheDome
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

ShotToTheDome

I'm trying to bring my post-processing script from plex over and it keeps failing after recording completes. I am however able to run it from command line without issue. I am getting a "native error - access denied" in logs but I've gone over the script permissions and the script is executable. I've also checked permissions for the directory the recordings are in.

I've attached my post-processing sh file as a text. I'm calling it from emby on the post-processing line of live tv as: /pathtofile/post.sh

What am I missing here any ideas?

When running from command line and working the command is: /path/to/post.sh "/Path/to/NameOfFile.ts"

works just fine

postsh.txt

embyposterror.txt

Edited by ShotToTheDome

• Solution

Hi, the error coming back is access denied so that would suggest that the emby service account doesn't have privileges to execute your script.

• Like 1

ShotToTheDome

well that was weird. Had to move the script to it's own directory and onto a single ssd drive that is fstab mounted exec even though the mergerfs pool the script was on was also exec mounted. The emby:emby ownership and being marked executable didn't matter where it was at. Thanks Luke

Edited by ShotToTheDome