auto-organize does not adapt to new library path

maichele

maichele

Hi all,

I am running currently emby server version 3.2.28.0 and auto-organize plugin version 1.0.6430.29009. However, this problem persists since more than two months, well before auto-correct was moved to a plugin.

I noticed that the series for which I had created a manual "smart match" would be properly transfered by auto-organize to the initial library path on my NAS. All other series still recorded and automatically recognized would be placed in the correct path on my NAS as well. So I thought, after the library had recognized my new series to be followed as well, I could just remove the "smart match" entry, and indeed the handling still continued to be flawless.

Recently, however, I have moved my library from my NAS to my server. Now, all series intially properly recognized by emby continue to be properly transfered by auto-organize to the new path on my server. But the ones for which I formerly had to create smart matches and consecutively removed the smart matches would still be transfered to the old path on my NAS. So as long as my NAS was still there, this was just annyoing, but now since my NAS had been repurposed and is no longer available on the network, auto-organize throws me an error that the "acces to the path ... is denied". And currently, I dont see any way to tell auto-organize the new path. I have tried:

- refreshing the respective series

- removing the entire series from the library by moving them to another folder, rescan library, make sure the series is gone from the database, and finally put it back

it seems to me that the smart-matches although not being present anymore in the gui are still present in the database and there is no user tool to adapt or remove them.

Am I missing here something?

Cheers,

MAic

Hi, this is happening because the old library records are still hanging around in the database. It is our database cleanup that needs to be improved and then this will be resolved. It's something that is seeing active development. Thanks.

maichele

Allright, good to know that I am not the only one... :-D

Keep up the awesome work! Looking forward to the future of emby!

MAic

• 1 month later...
maichele

Hi Luke,

Any update on this? 3.2.33 did not fix this although I had some hopes from the description of patch notes. But then again, I have no clue what needs to be fixed... :-D

Cheers,

MAic

maichele

Fair enough. Would love to help, but am scared that my poor programming skills are indeed too poor and would do more harm than good... Keep up the nice work! I really enjoy emby!

• 3 months later...

There might be old series entries hanging around in the library database but i'm not sure how that would affect smart matches, unless there's still a smart match assigned to that series. but i also don't know the smart match feature well enough.